Developed in the windtunnel as well as out on the road over the course of four years, Princeton CarbonWorks' distinctive sinusoidal rim profile varies the depth of the rim to ensure the optimum windcheating effect, while reducing weight.
Designed and produced in California, White Industries are experts when it comes to manufacturing bicycle hubs, focusing on durability, performance and weight.
Carefully considered nipple placement ensures stress levels stay more consistent across the entire rim body. This makes for a strong, stiffer and more reliable wheel.
Princeton CarbonWorks have carefully developed the rim width to optimise stability in the wind, reduce rolling resistance and improve comfort.
Princeton CarbonWorks Wake 6560 Tubeless Rim Brake White Industries Wheelset
With a wind tunnel tuned profile and refined carbon composition, the Princeton CarbonWorks Wake 6560 Tubeless Rim Brake White Industries Wheelset are an ideal choice for PB hunting in efforts against the clock or when dashing away from the peloton on solo breaks.
The innovative, “sinusoidal” rim profile features several undulations throughout its inner circumference that vary the rim depth between 65mm and 60mm. This irregular pattern helps to smooth and control the airflow to reduce aerodynamic drag while heightening crosswind stability. This profile is realised in a sophisticated grade of carbon fibre that magnifies lateral rigidity while keeping the weight low.
Each aerodynamic undulation on the rim corresponds with a spoke junction, so extra carbon material is laid with a specific pattern in these areas to strengthen the build and increase responsiveness under power. The brake track possesses a different carbon material and a special temperature-resistant resin to grant safe and consistent stopping. At the same time, hole-less tyre beds increase the integrity of the rims and aid with tubeless-tyre installation.
White Industries hubs make use of super-smooth bearings and encase then in robust alloy shells. Sapim CX-Ray spokes complete the build and link everything together with their renowned durability.
- A light, stiff and strong carbon disc brake wheelset that offers speed and stability in time trials, triathlons and road races
- High-grade carbon rims are light and laterally stiff
- Wind-tunnel tuned, multi-depth sinusoidal profile blends aerodynamic performance with crosswind stability
- The multi-depth profile grants a more concave spoke nipple contact platform to reduce pinpoint stress loads
- Increased carbon material in the spoke nipple area increases strength and responsiveness
- Sculpted sections between the spoke holes keep the weight low
- The brake track uses a refined carbon and resin blend to resist temperature build up from prolonged braking
- Hole-less tyre bed increases stiffness further, reduces weight and negates the need for tubeless rim tape
- White Industries hubs offer low frictional resistance and durability
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Optimised full carbon
- Rim profile: Sinusoidal, variable depth
- Rim finish: Naked satin carbon
- Rim depth: 65mm to 60mm, variable
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- External rim width: 26mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapin CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - radial / Rear - two-cross
- Spoke count: Front - 16 / Rear - 24
- Hubs: Front - White Industries / Rear - White Industries
- Freehub compatibility: Shimano HG (SRAM XDR freehub available separately)
- Brake compatibility: Rim caliper
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm width and above
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front - 675 grams, Rear - 870 grams, Wheelset - 1545 grams