Shimano AM9 SPD MTB Shoes
The Shimano AM9 SPD MTB Shoes offer increased purchase on the pedals, whether clipped in or out, to allow heightened control in all downhill or enduro mountain bike riding scenarios.
The sole uses a Shimano specific rubber compound and tread pattern to improve grip and purchase on flat, platform-style pedals while its refined channel profile increases contact and eases clipping in when using SPD pedals. Protection from the rough and tumble nature of enduro and downhill riding is granted by the moulded toe cap, padded ankle collars, toughened sidewalls and armoured lace shields.
A speed lacing system securely fastens the shoe to the foot, without any high-pressure spots and the synthetic leather and mesh combination on the upper is breathable and non-absorbent to give extra comfort during wetter riding conditions.
- A downhill and enduro SPD shoe with added protection and improved pedal contact when clipped in or out
- Original Shimano sole rubber compound and pattern maximises grip and durability with flat, platform pedals
- Sole pedal channel for stable shoe to pedal contact when using SPDs
- Armoured lace shield provides extra protection from debris
- Moulded toe cap for additional toe protection
- Asymmetrically raised padded ankle collar and sidewall sole for added protection
- Speed lacing system allows fast, secure adjustments
- Synthetic leather and mesh upper materials absorb less water, dry quickly and are breathable
- Cleat type: SPD
- Closure: 1-strap, Speed lacing
- Upper Material: Synthetic leather+Mesh
- Outsole Material: Rubber+EVA
- Midsole Material: Glass fibre reinforced Nylon
- Standard insole: AM/MT insole
- Claimed manufacturer weight: 418 grams (Size: 42, per shoe)