Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 C40 Carbon Clincher Front Wheel
In an all-out sprint or time trial, the most minute aerodynamic advantage can make all of the difference. Enter the Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 C40 Carbon Clincher Front Wheel with its 40mm rim depth and carbon/alloy rim construction. This wheel is designed to satisfy the needs of pro riders with an improved aerodynamic profile, increased rigidity and excellent inertia.
The wheel's 40mm depth and 24mm width provide an aerodynamic advantage and greater stability. The 24mm width helps to provide greater traction in the corners with a wider tyre profile.
Shimano knows that sprinting, time trialing and triathlon riding is all about getting the power down and so have integrated a redesigned hub that helps to reduce weight and keep you rolling smoothly. The hub's alloy cone with an integrated steel Borozon bearing surface dramatically reduces bearing friction, which not only increases rolling speed but also improves durability.
- Lightweight clincher carbon 40 mm deep 24 mm wide rim with alloy braking surface for improved aerodynamics, increased rigidity and excellent inertia for sprinters and TT specialists
- 16 stainless steel butted (2.0-1.8-2.0) and bladed straight pull spokes
- Elbow-less spokes make for a strong yet compliant wheel
- High lateral rigidity is produced with a wide flange spacing
- Labyrinth double contact sealing effectively shuts out water and dirt
- Alloy cone with integrated steel Borozon treated bearing races - super mirror finish reduces friction
- Quick and easy to maintain digital click bearing adjustment
- Cold forged, machined aluminium hub shell and oversized 7075 alloy axle keep the wheel weight to a minimum
- Supplied with Q/R skewer
- Average weight: 664 grams