Shimano Dura Ace 9100 C40 Carbon Clincher Wheelset
Even the smallest aerodynamic advantage can make all the difference when it comes to finish-line sprints. Shimano certainly knows this and the evidence is clear to see with their Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 C40 Carbon Clincher Wheelset.
The wheelset rim's 35mm depth and 20.8mm width provides an aerodynamic profile that cuts through the air with great efficiency. The rim profile elongates your tyre's contact point with the road, especially beneficial when cornering at speed. This improves traction and grip, allowing you to hit the corners with confidence and speed.
The combination of a carbon fibre rim construction and alloy braking surface also sets this wheelset apart from the competition. Thanks to the stiff and lightweight carbon fibre construction, the wheelset only weighs 1485 grams. Stopping in the wet or the dry is no issue either with the alloy braking surface.
Shimano's freehub design has become the envy of the industry, with labyrinth double contact sealing that effectively shuts out water and dirt. The hub's alloy cone with an integrated steel Borozon treated bearing surface dramatically reduces bearing friction, which not only increases rolling speed but also improves durability. The freehub itself uses a quick pawl engagement every 10˚, so you know as soon as you put the power through the pedals it is going down into the road.
- Shimano Dura-Ace 9100 C40 Carbon Clincher Wheelset
- Quick-Release Skewers
- Lightweight carbon clincher
- Rim depth: 35 mm
- Rim width: 20.8 mm
- Alloy braking surface for improved aerodynamics, increased rigidity and excellent inertia for sprinters and TT specialists
- Stainless steel butted (2.0-1.8-2.0) and bladed straight pull spokes for optimal balance and rigidity
- Elbow-less spokes make for a strong yet compliant wheelset
- High lateral rigidity is produced with a wide flange spacing
- Labyrinth double contact sealing effectively shuts out water and dirt
- Alloy cone with integrated steel Borozon treated bearing races - super mirror finish reduces friction
- Quick and easy to maintain digital click bearing adjustment
- Freehub uses quick pawl engagement every 10 degrees
- Cold forged, machined aluminium hub shell and oversized 7075 alloy axle combined with a titanium Freehub body keep the wheel weight to a minimum
- Supplied with QR skewer
- 8, 9, 10 and 11-speed Shimano/SRAM compatible rear wheel
- Average weight: 1,485 grams (pair)