Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 C40 Centre-Lock Disc Clincher Front Wheel
Designed to meet the needs of pro riders, the Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 C40 Centre-Lock Disc Clincher Front Wheel is the perfect choice for riders looking for versatility from their wheel. The carbon rim construction combines with wide flange spacing and a 24mm rim width to make this a stiff, strong and super-light wheel.
The 40mm rim depth makes this the perfect choice for riders looking for performance in the hills and on the flat. Even with this medium rim depth, the wheel maintains a low 707-gram weight. Shimano has utilised their Labyrinth double-contact sealing to effectively shout out water and dirt from intruding into the clincher cavity. This helps to maintain the durability of the rim, your inner tube and your tyre.
Compatible with centre-lock disc brake rotors (available separately), this wheel is a great choice for riders looking to make the upgrade to disc brakes.
For the hub, Shimano has utilised a strong 7075 alloy axle and a cold-forged aluminium shell to maintain the durability and low weight.
- Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 C40 Centre-Lock Disc Clincher Front Wheel
- Quick Release Skewer
- WH-R9170 TL carbon clincher disc brake wheel, designed to meet pro road race criteria
- Lightweight clincher full carbon, 40 mm deep, 24 mm wide rim for improved aerodynamics, increased rigidity and excellent inertia
- Easy to use centre-lock rotor mount for use with disc brakes
- 24 stainless steel butted (2.0-1.8-2.0) and bladed straight pull spokes
- Elbow-less spokes make for a strong yet compliant wheel
- High lateral rigidity is produced with a wide flange spacing
- Labyrinth double-contact sealing effectively shuts out water and dirt
- Alloy cone with integrated steel Borozon treated bearing races - super mirror finish reduces friction
- Quick and easy to maintain bearing adjustment
- Cold forged, machined aluminium hub shell and oversized 7075 alloy axle keep the wheel weight to a minimum
- 700C clincher (tubeless compatible), 23 - 32C
- For 100 x 12 mm axle
- Average weight 707 grams