Shimano Ltd Edition RC9 SPD-SL S-Phyre Road Shoes
Shimano’s premium RC9 SPD-SL S-Phyre Road Shoes are now available in a Ltd Edition Green, but only in very limited numbers. The shoes retain all the technology that has made the RC9 SPD-SL S-Phyre range so successful, including the dual independent Boa IP1 dials with the Powerzone wire guide designed for easily adjusted security, and the very stiff carbon outsole.
The Shimano Dynalast helps promote a more efficient pedal stroke, lowering fatigue on long rides, by reducing tension in the foot. This, in turn, allows a wider range of leg motion and a more efficient upstroke than a traditional last. The added 11mm of cleat adjustment range helps ensure that the foot can be positioned exactly where best over the pedal axle, whilst the external curved heel cup stabilises the foot for even more efficiency.
- Supple, stretch-resistant and highly-breathable microfibre synthetic leather, optimised with dimple perforations of various sizes for a perfect and wrinkle-free fit
- External curved heel cup construction suppresses foot twist and roll, stabilises the heel and holds the foot firmly in place
- Dual independent Boa IP1 dials with Powerzone wire guide lacing allow quick and precise micro-adjustment while maintaining stability
- Shimano Dynalast reduces braking loss
- Asymmetric eye stay pattern prevents twisting of the foot under high-power pedalling
- One-piece surround upper design provides a glove-like fit
- Ultra-rigid lightweight carbon sole maximises power transfer
- Extra 11mm of cleat adjustment range
- Sole stiffness: 12
- Built-in drainage holes for wet conditions
- Claimed weight: 486 grams per pair (Size 42)