Shimano RD-R7150 105 Di2 12-Speed Rear Derailleur
Bringing 12-speed electronic shifting to Shimano 105, the RD-R7150 Di2 Rear Derailleur benefits from trickle-down technology from the Ultegra and Dura-Ace groupsets.
The system is semi-wireless, with no cables between the derailleur and the shifters, but both derailleurs are connected to a single battery by a loom within the frame. The rear derailleur governs the wireless signals to the shifters, houses the battery charging port and gives access to shifting mode choice. Connection to Shimano’s E-tube app gives access to more information, metrics and customisation options whilst it is also possible to connect the system wirelessly to compatible bike computers for gear shift and battery readouts.
The derailleur uses four self-lubricating fluorine-coated link pivot bushings for long-lasting, low-friction smoothness and features cold-forged aluminium link plates for stiffness and more accurate shifting. There is a saver function to protect the derailleur in the event of an accident or crash and its maximum cassette compatibility is a very useful 36 tooth sprocket.
- 105 Shadow design with Di2 technology, shifting is easy and precise - just a light touch
- The rear derailleur is the brains of the system with wireless connectivity to the shifters
- It acts as the point the system is charged, provides ANT+ connection to 3rd party devices and replaces the handlebar junction box
- Button on the derailleur for Di2 operations, and LED light denotes synchronised shift mode, setting mode and charge requirements
- Sleek appearance with low profile Shadow design construction reduces the risk of damage in a crash
- Programmed automatic motion at the touch of a switch makes this derailleur quick, smooth and effortless to shift
- The removal of traditional mechanical cables in favour of electrical wires to the battery not only eliminates poor shifting caused by contaminates, corrosion and stretching, but provides effortless gear shifts
- Derailleur contains a saver (fuse) function, where the inner structure is protected from strong impacts
- High tolerance cold-forged aluminium link plates and body construction are extremely light and durable
- Four self-lubricating micro-machined fluorine-coated link pivot bushings provide low-friction shifting
- 12-speed E-tube Di2 compatible
- Wide gear ratio compatible up to 11-36T