Shimano RP9 SPD-SL Road Shoes
Shimano's lightest road shoes yet, the RP9 SPD-SL Road Shoes weigh in at a mere 448 grams in a size 43. A top performance option with the aesthetics to match, the features focus on adding additional comfort for longer rides and the Silvadur™ antibacterial insole keeps your feet smelling fresh on the hottest days.
Crafted from a perforated microfibre synthetic leather upper, the addition of a toe vent and exhaust ports on the sole improve airflow to keep your feet dry. A weaved carbon sole efficiently translates all your watts into speed while, with a stiffness of 10 out of 12 on Shimano's scale, you are afforded a little extra comfort.
A new heel cup has undergone improvement for a suction-like fit with no heel lift; so snug that there is more room for adjustment in other areas of the shoes with no negative impact on stability. Closure is via a Boa® IP1 dial and a single Velcro strap in the toe area and there is plenty of micro-adjustment available to find the perfect fit.
- Flagship Road Performance (RP) shoe designed for long days in the saddle
- Supple, microfibre synthetic leather with perforated venting for superior fit
- Light carbon composite outsole for optimised long ride stiffness
- Micro-adjustable Boa® IP1 dial with hidden wire routing
- External curved heel cup secures the heel and foot
- Durable, wide heel pads provide walking stability
- Air vent on toe and exhaust ports on sole help to keep feet dry and fresh
- Silvadur™ antibacterial insole
- Cleat compatibility: Three bolt road
- Stiffness index: 10
- Weight: 448 grams per pair (size 43)