Shimano SM-RT99 Ice Tech FREEZA, 140 mm Centre-Lock Rotor
Braking when you are descending a dicey trail needs to be reliable and it needs to be powerful. The Shimano SM-RT99 Ice Tech FREEZA, 140 mm Centre-Lock Rotor achieves this assured power and accuracy with its stainless steel and alloy 3-layer sandwich construction.
This construction allows heat generated from braking to radiate quickly through the aluminium core achieving surface temperature drops of around 50˚C. When used with Ice Tech pads surface temperatures can drop from around 400 to 300˚C, this provides great improvements in performance all round.
Despite its braking prowess this rotor still maintains a lightweight 126 gram profile. The centre-lock mounting adds further strength and security while the large alloy spider's rigid and lightweight nature supports the rotor surface.
- FREEZA rotors allow the alloy core to extend out from the braking surface as a fin to providing added cooling
- Ice Tech rotors achieve long pad life, less noise and less fade due to improved heat dispersion
- Rotors are durable lightweight and rigid, using the proven Shimano Centre-Lock system giving increased strength and security with an easy set-up
- Precision cut and drilled braking surface improves pad clearing in muddy conditions while aiding cooling under high load
- Large alloy spider is a highly rigid and lightweight support for the rotor surface
- Super polished braking surface gives excellent braking performance
- Average weight 126 g for 160 mm
- Designed for mountain bike use
- Includes one rotor
PRODUCT REF: SMRT99ASS
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more