Shimano Ultegra FC-R8100-P Power Meter Chainset
Offering fantastic shifting and power measurement, the Ultegra FC-R8100-P Power Meter Chainset combines performance and data to ensure that every ride, race or training session can be optimised and enjoyed.
The integrated, crank-based power meter measurement is accurate to +/-2%, and sends all the data to a bike computer via Bluetooth or ANT+. Readings are taken for both legs, so accuracy is increased and an insight into right and left balance is provided. The rechargeable battery is well protected from the elements so riding or racing in bad weather isn’t a problem.
The HollowGlide outer chainring is super stiff for perfect shifts under heavy load, so changing gear halfway up a hill or during a hard effort is virtually instantaneous. Reworked teeth provide an increased contact area with a 12-speed chain for better efficiency and power transfer whilst the HollowTech II cold-forged hollow cranks are also extremely rigid to improve power transfer. A wide range of crank arm lengths and chainring configurations are available so that every rider can find the perfect match. Designed for use with Shimano HollowTech II bottom brackets.
- The HollowTech II 12-speed Ultegra chainset with integrated power meter offers an ideal balance of light weight and stiffness, making it the perfect choice for both enthusiast and competitive riders
- Accurately calibrated strain gauges are integrated inside the crank arm, this provides a stable measurement system through rotation from both sides for extremely precise data
- +/-2% accuracy of strain gauge measured power
- Bluetooth and ANT+ with wireless firmware update and data acquisition system
- Easily rechargeable integrated battery with fully waterproof reliable electric system
- HollowGlide hollow outer chainring gives vast improvements in rigidity by virtually removing outer chainring flex and hugely improves shift performance, even under high load
- The chainring teeth have been developed to work in conjunction with 12-speed HG chains for increased contact to provide greater efficiency and improved power transfer
- Industry-leading HollowTech II cold-forged four-arm hollow cranks have been evolved for maximum rigidity while reducing weight
- Wide gear pitch spacing increases clearance between chain and leading teeth to provide compatibility to frames with O.L.D. 135 / 142mm
- A wide range of chainring options and crank arm lengths are available to meet the needs of all riders and racing disciplines
- HollowTech II integrated bottom bracket uses a wider bearing placement and larger axle diameter for increased stiffness and efficiency
- HollowTech II integrated bottom bracket seal design has minimal bearing interface ensuring smooth rolling and increased durability (sold separately)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 769 grams (52/36 with power meter)