Specialized Recon 3.0 MTB Shoes
For riders who want to bring together the performance of the legendary Specialized S-Works Recon MTB Shoes with increased versatility, the Recon 3.0s are a great choice. Ideal for a range of off-road disciplines, be that gravel, XC or 'cross, they package up power transfer, comfort and style with low weight, and have a two-bolt sole pattern to fit most MTB pedal systems.
Innovative carbon STRIDE Toe-Flex technology has been included in the shoes, essentially allowing more natural movement in the toes. The result is more comfort off the bike through those unrideable sections when pushing or shouldering the bike is a given. Despite the extra flex, there's no compromise on on-bike performance. As with all Specialized shoes, they use a Body Geometry sole and footbed to boost power and efficiency, while keeping the entire leg aligned while pedalling for a reduced risk of injury. SlipNot™ rubber tread ensures good traction no matter how muddy the terrain and the toe studs are removable.
The upper has reduced seams, improving comfort, while perforations keep breathability high. Closed around the foot using two Boas and a Velcro toe strap, there's plenty of room for adjustment on-the-fly.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are built with purpose and backed by science to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimising hip, knee, and foot alignment
- Carbon STRIDE toe-flex technology allows for natural toe movement off-bike but remains stiff for pedalling: Stiffness Index 10.0
- Fully-welded upper reduces seams for superior step-in comfort
- Independent Boa® L6-Snap dials for on-the-fly micro-adjustment
- SlipNot™ rubber tread for confident traction on all terrain with removable toe studs
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 355 grams (1/2 pair, Size 42)