Specialized S-Works 7 Road Cycling Shoes - Tour Down Under LTD
The UCI WorldTour kicks off in Australia, with the 22nd edition of the Tour Down Under happening in 2020. These Specialized S-Works 7 Road Cycling Shoes have a stunning colourway that's available in extremely limited edition numbers. Inspired by the bright plumage of the Australian Budgie, these shoes are sure to turn heads. There's wider importance to this years collection, however, due to the devastation the wildfires have caused and the impact they've had on the country's wildlife. To coincide with the release, Specialized is donating $100,000 USD to support wildlife relief.
Engineered to meet the demands of professional cyclists, these shoes use a FACT Powerline™ carbon plate that's their stiffest and lightest to date. It's paired with an upper made of four-way stretch mesh and TPU, with a layer of Dyneema mesh trapped between, creating no-stretch zones for consistent support. Body Geometry ergonomics keep your hip, knee and foot aligned during pedalling for efficiency and a reduced risk of injury. The PadLock™ heel construction holds your foot secure even when you're putting down all your power in a sprint. Closure, release and micro-adjustment are carried out using a Boa® S3-Snap Fit System.
- This season the Down Under Collection has been inspired by the speed and colour of the Australian Budgie. As this noble little bird, and much of Australia’s wildlife, suffers from devastating bushfires, Specialized is donating $100,000 USD to support wildlife relief efforts
- The Body Geometry sole and footbed offers increased power and efficiency while reducing the chance of injury
- Specialized's stiffest and lightest FACT Powerline™ carbon plate maximises power transfer - Stiffness Index 15.0
- Dyneema® Mesh is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to eliminate unwanted stretch
- Independent alloy Boa® S3-Snap Fit System for on-the-fly micro-adjustment
- PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position pedal/cleats 5mm rearward
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws
- Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort
- Roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 450 grams (pair of size 42 shoes)