Specialized S-Works Sub 6 Road Shoe 2017
As one of the fastest moving parts of any cyclist on the move, aerodynamic shoes can make all the difference when travelling at speed. Specialized's new Specialized S-Works Sub 6 Road Shoe 2017 features the Warp Sleeve, which encompasses the laces to create an unbelievably sleek and drag minimising profile that cuts through the air; just one of the new features on these high-performance shoes.
The redesigned footbed and sole have been honed and tested by Specialized's Body Geometry scientists to support and enhance lasting comfort throughout the entire pedal stroke. The Body Geometry design also reduces the threat of injury by optimising hip, knee and foot alignment. The result is a shoe that provides one of the most efficient pedalling strokes for a top-level pro shoe.
Also helping to maximise this efficiency in the transfer of power through the pedal is the redesigned FACT Powerline carbon plate. This is the stiffest and lightest plate that Specialized have ever used in their shoes and the result is a whole new level of power transfer and efficiency. The sole has a three-hole cleat pattern with positionable holes for the optimum fit.
For the upper Specialized have gone back to the drawing board to create a single piece exterior and interior construction. This not only makes the shoe lighter but also increases the structural integrity of the shoe for a better and longer-lasting fit. The last of the shoe is now machine made for the highest levels of accuracy and for a roomy toe box that ensures circulation and breathability.
The upper material is the ultra-strong and breathable Micromatrix UL synthetic fibre. This material is laser perforated for breathability and an adaptive fit that forms to the profile of your foot.
Tying into these shoes' aerodynamic profile, Specialized have opted for traditional laces for the closure system. However, there is more than meets the eye with these laces. they are hydrophobic and fit neatly into the Lacelock strap to keep them from getting caught up in the chainring. This means you can have that classic look without sacrificing the performance of the more futuristic closure systems.
The redesigned heel cup utilises the PadLock mould as part of the one-piece Stroble upper to dramatically reduce the threat of tension and injury in both the heel and the achilles. The slightly wider foot hole also reduces tension and pressure buildup on the top of the ankle so you can keep pedalling for longer.
These shoes provide that classic look without sacrificing the performance and comfort of a cutting-edge elite level shoe.
Please note, if these shoes are unavailable in your size you can browse the current range of Specialized S-Works shoes.
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimising hip, knee, and foot alignment
- Specialized's stiffest and lightest FACT Powerline™ (patent pending) carbon plate to maximise power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0
- Supple Micromatrix UL synthetic upper with laser perforated venting for luxurious, Adaptive Fit™
- Non-slip, hydrophobic lace for supple fit, with our integrated Warp Sleeve™ wind/rain shield (extra set of coloured laces included)
- PadLock moulded heel and one-piece stroble upper for superior fit
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position pedal/cleats 5mm rearward
- Lacelock™ elastic keeps laces out of chainrings
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals
- Approximate weight (without Warp Sleeve™): 194g (each shoe, size 42)