The wide internal width boosts the tyre profile to enhance comfort, grip and lower rolling resistance.
Practical and corrosion resistant, brass nipples are used to reduce the risk of seized spokes.
With a high strength to weight ratio, these spokes are a premium option for any quality wheel build.
Lightweight and reliable, these hubs are the benchmark for performance road cycling.
Vel 6085 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset
Vel’s 6085 RSL2 Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset offers a high-speed, efficient ride, with the mix of 60mm and 85mm deep rims providing very low drag whilst still keeping the handling predictable; perfect for flat races, time trials or triathlons. The Toray 24/30T carbon rims are not only deep, but they are wide too, helping maximise the tyre’s volume and smooth the rim/tyre interface for less turbulent airflow. As the wheels are supplied with tubeless rim tape installed and valves as well, the conversion is a simple matter, allowing lower tyre pressures for lower rolling resistance and better grip without the risk of pinch punctures.
Sapim’s excellent CX-Ray spokes are hand laced into the rims, connecting them to the equally high-quality DT Swiss 240 EXP hubs using brass nipples, providing a stiff and efficient platform for steering, braking and power transfer. The rear hub features DT Swiss’ 36 tooth ratchet engagement system for great responsiveness when accelerating out of corners, climbing or sprinting for the finish line. With both thru-axles and Center Lock rotor fittings, the wheels fit most modern disc brake road bikes, and spare nipples and spokes are supplied for ease of maintenance.
Crash replacement policy
Crashes, unexpected accidents and falls can happen under normal riding conditions, therefore if your product has been registered within 3 months of purchase we will offer to replace it with identical or equivalent product up to 40% off RRP within the first 3 years of ownership. This crash replacement policy only applies to the original owner.
Vel wheels come with a two year limited warranty for manufacturing or material defects that would appear during normal use, with the exception of wear and tear parts. The warranty is extended to 3 years if registered within the first 3 months from purchase date.
- Clincher / tubeless-ready clincher tyre compatible
- Double wrapped with tubeless rim tape
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Toray 24/30T carbon
- Rim ERD (Effective Rim Diameter): Front - 519mm / rear - 469mm
- Rim Depth: Front - 60mm / rear - 85mm
- Internal Rim Width: 20.3mm
- External Rim Width: 27.5mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray, straight pull, 14g, two-cross lacing with brass nipples
- Spoke Count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Hubs: DT Swiss 240 EXP, sealed bearings, 36 tooth ratchet
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12x100mm
- Rear Axle: 12x142mm
- Recommended Tyre Size: 25-34mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 730 grams / Rear - 950 grams / Wheelset - 1,680 grams
- Maximum Tyre Pressure: 120psi
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM / SRAM XDR / Shimano Microspline
- Includes: Spare spokes, nipples and tubeless valves
- Maximum system weight: 110kg