Wattbike Indoor Trainer
One of the most recognisable names in high-performance training, the Wattbike Indoor Trainer has become the standard not just for cycling, but also for other power sports like rugby, football and track and field athletes.
The Wattbike took eight years to take shape, alongside the consultation of the former head of British Cycling Peter Keen. Now it is used by multiple top cycling federations including Australia, the USA, France and the UCI as well as athletes from other sports including, athletics, rugby, sailing, motorsports and football.
Where the Wattbike separates itself from the competition is in its ability to accurately measure over 40 performance parameters that help to improve technique and power output. The Wattbike offers 2% accuracy throughout the entire range of the wattage, which on this Trainer model is 1-2000 watts. This low to medium level of resistance is perfect for riders of a wide range of abilities or those recovering from injury.
Despite being a static bike, the Wattbike's fit is fully customisable, almost more so than on an actual bike and the real ride feel will quickly have you forgetting that you are not out on the road. The fan resistance is designed to replicate the feel of real riding resistances in a smooth and consistent fashion. Adding to this real feel is the chain and sprocket system that allows you to freewheel.
Various tests can be carried out on the bike to determine training zones using the integrated Wattbike Performance Computer. The Wattbike can connect to a heart rate monitor (sold separately) with ANT+ compatibility for an even deeper level of training accuracy. This also allows you to connect the Wattbike to ANT+ enabled Garmin devices.
The Wattbike Performance Computer is able to display a live Polar graph, which is capable of showing in real time the trajectory of your pedalling stroke. This allows you to improve your technique and efficiency by honing in on dead zones in their pedal stroke.
This computer can connect wirelessly to your Android or iOS device via Bluetooth, allowing you to record and save session data before uploading your ride to Wattbike's Powerhub software for further review.
Wattbike Expert (included) software offers the ability to review session data in real time in depth and share your data via social media sites like Strava, Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that orders taken either through the sigmasports.com website or in-store are fulfilled by Wattbike. Delivery within the UK has a standard delivery charge of £60 (inc. VAT) for a boxed bike or £110 (inc. VAT) for an assembled unit. Delivery is expected to take 7 to 10 working days. Once your order is placed, our customer service team will contact you to arrange whether you would like the Wattbike to be delivered assembled or boxed.
Wattbike demos are available at our Hampton Wick location. Please contact us for more information.
- Model: Trainer
- Dimensions: Height – Max 130cm (handlebars at full height), Width – 66cm, Length – 125cm
- Weight: 55kg
- Frame: 30kg, 80mm x 40mm, 2.5mm thick zinc shield primed steel frame to provide a strong and stable platform on which to exercise
- Feet: 5cm diameter rubber feet
- Rollers Transportation: rollers fitted with inline skate ball-bearing wheels
- Bottom Bracket: 30mm thick, industrial grade ball bearings
- Cranks: 170mm long, thermatically treated hardened steel
- Saddle: Comfort saddle comes as standard. You can fit your own saddle
- Pedals: Combination pedals are fitted as standard with MTB SPD on one side and Look Keo fitting on the other, the pedals come with an adapter for the use of toe clips. You can fit your own pedals
- Covers: Heavy duty ABS plastic construction
- Chain: Industrial 1/2” x 1/8” steel
- Belt: Automotive industry rubber, kevlar reinforced belt
- Stem and Seatpost: Stems are 45mm square, 3mm thick stainless steel with 1cm incremental height adjustments. Cast stainless steel sliders with 5mm marked increments
- Adjustment Levers: Easy to adjust levers offering height and horizontal adjustment
- Handlebars Height Adjustability: Stainless steel spinning handlebars with vulcanised rubber grip fitted as standard, height range - 55-74cm
- Handlebar fore/aft adjustability: 6cm range
- Saddle Height Adjustability: Saddle height range 59cm-84cm
- Seat Fore/Aft Adjustability: 6cm Range
- Power Range Trainer Model: 0 - >2000W
- Resistance: Dual Resistance, Air Brake and Magnetic Brake
- On board monitor: Wattbike Performance Computer Model B
- Software Compatibility: Wattbike Expert Software, Wattbike Power Cycling Software
- Connectivity: USB Cable, USB Stick (sold separately), ANT/ANT+/Polar/MyZone Heart rate (all sold separately)
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.