Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel 24 Spoke
Building on the legendary tubular Zipp 202 that has been a favourite amongst climbers and anyone looking to save some weight, this new Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel 24 Spoke is better than ever. Stiffness, lightweight and aerodynamics meet to create a superb wheel.
Having been proven, the 32 mm rim depth is here to stay. However, the maximum rim width has been expanded to 25.4 mm. This adds to the do-it-all credentials of this wheel.
Another improvement is the 77/177 hubset. Handily, this removes the need for maintenance, which none of us really have time for or want to be doing! Additionally, this solidifies their industry leading durability thanks to the improved bearing protection. Keeping things even simpler is the fact that no pre-load adjustment is required. Another benefit of the hubs is the flange geometry and spoke hole attachment pattern to provide the perfect levels of torsional and lateral stiffness and robustness.
The Firecrest rim technology has been at the forefront of carbon braking. The resins used come from the motorsport industry to ensure the associated heat does not effect braking reliability or performance. Zipp Carbon Clinchers have still never had a heat related failure.
As you would expect from a company as prestigious as Zipp, the research that has gone into the development of this wheel is unparalleled. Computational fluid dynamics were used to reduce wind-produced torque. This lead them to develop a rim with a near-constant width from brake track to spoke bed to improve aerodynamics and better control airflow. The result is even better speeds and superb handling.
Surely a wheel that is good enough for Team Wiggins, amongst many others, is good enough for you?
- Rim depth: 32 mm
- Brake track width (center): 24.62 mm
- Max width: 25.4 mm
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Sprint
- Spoke count: 24
- Spoke pattern non-drive: 2 cross
- Spoke pattern drive: 2 cross
- Spoke length non-drive: 284 mm
- Spoke length drive: 284 mm
- Nipples: Sapim® (external)
- Eleven speed compatible
- Stiff, lightweight and aerodynamic
- Hubset: maintenance-free 77/177
- No-preload adjustment needed
- Wider and more ergonomic quick release
- Ability to swap the driver body without re-dishing
- Resins from the motorsports for the braking surface
- Includes: rear wheel, Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads, Zipp integrated valve extender with valve-core wrench, rim tape and quick release
- Weight: 815 g