Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel
The versatile 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel has been designed via Zipp’s holistic “Total System Efficiency” concept that equally considers aerodynamics, weight, rolling resistance and comfort to realise increased speed across a gamut of road riding scenarios.
The high-grade carbon rims have a hookless tyre interface that promotes more even resin distribution for increased lateral stiffness and lower weight. The hookless format has a 23mm wide internal measurement and works optimally with tubeless-ready tyres, offering them increased sidewall support. This increased support allows rolling resistance reducing, comfort improving lower inflation pressures to be used without heightening the risk of the tyre bottoming out.
A 53/58mm deep, undulating SawTooth rim profile sees Hyperfoil nodes positioned throughout its inner circumference to significantly reduce aerodynamic drag and stabilise handling during crosswinds. This wavy profile also improves the rim’s stiffness and strength, while the HexFin ABLC surface dimples further cut wind resistance.
Zipp’s Cognition V2 hub is light and robust and spins on super-smooth and durable bearings. The hub is linked to the rim by Sapim CX-Ray spokes laced in an efficient, reliable two-cross pattern.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- The range-topping 454 NSW is the racers favourite as it is fast in a vast range of road riding scenarios
- Conceived via Zipp’s “Total System Efficiency” (TSE) design concept that equally factors aerodynamics, weight, rolling resistance and vibration losses (comfort)
- A special tool that measures aerodynamic drag, rolling resistance, wind speed and wind yaw angle while on the road, was key in the development of these wheels
- The TSE holistic design approach equals more speed in real-world riding conditions rather than just wind tunnels
- The rim uses the highest grade of carbon fibre to lower weight, increase strength and improve lateral stiffness
- The hookless internal rim design is for tubeless-ready tyres only, promotes a more aerodynamic tyre to rim interface and lowers weight via more even resin distribution
- A 23mm internal rim width works optimally with wider tubeless-ready tyres, lowering rolling resistance and improving comfort
- Undulating 53/58mm deep, SawTooth rim shape with Hyperfoil nodes optimises aerodynamic efficiency and crosswind stability
- The SawTooth rim profile increases lateral stiffness for faster climbing and snappier acceleration
- HexFin ABLC rim surface dimple pattern further lowers drag
- Zipp graphics applied using Zipp’s ImPress direct-print technology
- Cognition V2 hub spins on high-quality, durable bearings
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes
- Lifetime Warranty
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready only
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a SawTooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 53/58mm, undulating
- Internal rim width: 23mm
- Rim internal format: Hookless (straight sides)
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Two-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: Zipp Cognition V2
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 631 grams (based on a 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".