Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
The Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset incorporates several innovative aerodynamic features and mixes them with the finest materials and most advanced manufacturing techniques to realise a truly versatile performance. Whether charging up steep inclines, powering through windswept valleys or thundering towards the finish line, the 454 NSW fulfils its brief with ease.
The optimum grade of carbon materials and resins are enlisted to form efficient and robust rims that are realised in a lightweight form. These advanced materials are moulded into a groundbreaking Sawtooth profile that incorporates Hyperfoil nodes all along its inner circumference. This pioneering silhouette acts by uniquely interacting with the oncoming air to reduce drag but also to increase stability across a complete sweep of yaw angles. The HexFin ABLC dimple pattern complements this by attaching a layer of air to the rim's surface, enabling it to slip through the atmosphere with ease.
A wide internal rim width forces tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres to sit with a superior profile that generates a shorter but wider road contact patch and a larger air volume. These traits combine to afford lower rolling resistance, increased comfort and improved cornering traction.
The disc brake specific Cognition hubs have a sturdy Center Lock disc interface and smooth spinning, long-lasting bearings. The freehub features an Axial Clutch mechanism that halves the mechanical drag when freewheeling. Sapim CX-Ray spokes comprehensively complete the build via evenly tensioned 2-cross lacing patterns to supply reliability and strength.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock rings
- A multifaceted wheelset that performs across a huge scope of fast paced riding scenarios
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio and robustness
- Undulating 53/58mm deep Sawtooth rim profiles feature nature-inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim widths reduce tyre rolling resistance, improve comfort and enhance cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition DB hubs have Center Lock disc interfaces, super smooth bearings and the rear features a disengaging Axial Clutch freehub mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon rim with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 53/58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: 2-Cross / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 24 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition / Rear: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 860 grams / Rear: 955 grams / Wheelset: 1815 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".