Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Front Wheel 2019
With the control and precision to match far shallower rims, the Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Front Wheel also offers exceptional aerodynamics thanks to its wind tunnel and computational fluid dynamics development. A deep 82mm rim and ABLC™ Sawtooth™ technology are responsible for this unmatched combination of stability and reduced drag.
Braking is enhanced by a ShowStopper™ textured braking surface that clears water for stopping power in the wet that matches that in dry conditions. The rim has been optimised for use with 25mm tyres, a popular choice with modern road cyclists. 18 Sapim® CX-Sprint® spokes provide a strong connection to the Zipp 77 hub, and the combination offers strength, efficient power transfer and fast engagement.
- Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads
- Zipp integrated valve extender
- Zipp valve-core wrench
- Zipp rim tape
- Zipp Tangente black skewer
Please note: The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Carbon clincher front wheel
- Handcrafted in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- AeroBalance™ (low drag/high stability)
- Showstopper™ Brake Technology includes 317 groves on each side of the wheel to increase stopping power and help clear away water from the braking surface
- ABLC Sawtooth dimples help reduce high yaw drag and improve crosswind stability
- Optimised for use with 25mm tyres
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Spokes: Sapim® CX-Sprint® with Sapim® secure lock nipples
- Spoke count: 18
- Hubset: Zipp 77
- Weight: 830 grams
- Included: Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo brake pads / Zipp integrated valve extender / Zipp valve-core wrench / Zipp rim tape / Zipp Tangente black skewer