Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel
Featuring all of the brand’s aerodynamic experience as well as highly developed materials, the Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel is the ideal choice when going for broke against the clock. From hammering along in an international standard time trial through to striving for a PB in the local duathlon, the 808 Firecrest delivers with accuracy and efficiency.
Extensive CFD computer simulations, wind tunnel testing and real-world verification have given rise to the highly refined, 82mm deep rim profile. This rim awards low drag and high crosswind stability within a laterally stiff, robust and lightweight, full carbon construction. Rim surface dimples supplement the aerodynamic performance by smoothing turbulent air around and away from the rim body in a neat and organised pattern.
The wide internal rim structure coerces tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres into an optimal cross-sectional silhouette that, in turn, affords a higher tyre air volume and stouter tyre-to-road footprint. These refined traits collaborate to result in markedly lower rolling resistance, enhanced comfort and boosted cornering traction.
The ZR1 hub provides smooth, durable bearings and a sturdy Center Lock disc interface and these promote longevity of performance and assured braking respectively. The wheel is brought together by the strong and reliable Sapim CX-Sprint spokes in a resilient 2-cross lacing pattern.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- Conceived to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm deep, aerodynamically refined rim profile simultaneously lowers drag and improves crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 DB hub is Center Lock compatible and has super smooth bearings and durable seals
- Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with an aerodynamically refined profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke Counts: 24
- Hubs: Front: ZR1 Disc Brake
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Max tyre pressure: 125psi
- Max recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 898 grams (based on a 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.