Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel
Uniting the brand’s years of aerodynamically inspired design experience with highly developed materials and manufacturing procedures permits the Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel to provide considerable performance when racing against the second hand. From pushing hard at the local age-group triathlon all the way through to professional level time trials, the 808 NSW delivers with adeptness and accuracy.
Power transfer and robustness are granted within a low mass rim construction by using premium carbon fibre and accompanying resins. This advanced material is arranged meticulously into an 82mm deep rim profile that is modelled following hours of CFD computer simulations, wind tunnel testing and pro-rider feedback. This sophisticated rim silhouette is combined with the aero enhancing, ABLC rim surface dimples to realise industry-leading low drag numbers and stability across a vast sweep of yaw angles.
Tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyre compatibility are offered by the wide internal rim measurement with this broad format forcing tyres to realise a more voluminous profile and a rounder road contact patch. These traits act positively to evoke lower rolling resistance, increased compliance and amplified cornering grip. The collaborating Showstopper brake track and its roughened surface increase pad-to-rim friction to infuse heightened stopping power, even within wet and gritty riding conditions.
The Cognition hub hosts smooth, sealed bearings for the longevity of performance while dependable Sapim CX-Ray spokes complete the build via an evenly tensioned, reliable and aesthetically pleasing radial lacing pattern.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewer
- Conceived purely to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm deep rim profile has been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lower drag and increase crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip and is specifically designed to be aerodynamically superior with 25mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake tracks give powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- Cognition hub has super smooth and durable bearings
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and a neat lacing pattern provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined aerodynamic profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Radial
- Spoke count: 18
- Hubs: Zipp Cognition
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 25mm tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 838 grams (no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.