Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel
The Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel has been designed with performance against the clock at the forefront of the brief, and it achieves this via an amalgamation of the brand’s superior aerodynamic experience and state of the art materials.
High lateral stiffness, impact resilience and low weight are realised within the rim structure via the utilisation of the finest carbon. This advanced composite is laid into a sophisticated, 82mm deep rim profile that has been gleaned from extensive CFD computer simulations, wind tunnel testing and real-world verification from professional riders to present low drag numbers and high crosswind stability. The ABLC pattern of dimples and ridges complements this by inducing a boundary layer of air that aids the rim to slip through the atmosphere with heightened efficiency.
A wide internal tyre interface has been designed to interact optimally with 25mm tyres, of either tubeless-ready or standard clincher variety. Whatever the choice in this regard, the broad internal stance forces tyres to realise a superior cross-sectional profile that bestows even lower drag numbers as well as lowered rolling resistance, increased compliance and amplified cornering grip. At the same time, the Showstopper brake track and its partnering roughened surface, boost stopping power, even in the wet, by markedly increasing wheel-to-pad friction.
The Cognition hub, with its smooth bearings and frictionless Axial Clutch freehub mechanism, makes sure of smooth rotation, whether laying down the watts or freewheeling. The revered Sapim CX-Ray spokes subsequently complete the build with a reliable 2-cross lacing pattern and even spoke tensions.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewer
- Conceived purely to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- An 82mm deep rim profile that has been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lowers drag and increases crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip and is specifically designed to be aerodynamically superior with 25mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- Cognition hub has super smooth bearings and a disengaging ratchet mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and a neat lacing pattern provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined aerodynamic profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 25mm tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 982 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.