Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel
The Zipp 808 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel has been realised via a project that purely focused on increasing speed. It conquers the brief with aplomb thanks to an optimum blend of pioneering design concepts and sophisticated materials. Any rider, amateur to professional alike, who competes against the clock, will conquer PBs, stand on podiums and settle friendly grudges thanks to the raw velocity of the 808 NSW.
Low weight and extreme levels of lateral stiffness are released thanks to the utilisation of advanced carbon materials and resins within the rim structure. This sophisticated carbon collaboration is moulded into a rim profile that is born from fastidious wind tunnel testing, countless CFD simulations and invaluable feedback from professional riders. This exhaustive research pattern generates some of the lowest drag numbers ever seen as well as composed crosswind handling.
Wide internal and external rim measurements naturally force optimal rim-to-tyre interaction. The broad internal width promotes the perfect tyre cross-sectional profile to reduce rolling resistance, improve comfort and increase cornering grip. The greater external rim width partners with the rim’s dimpled surface pattern to smooth the airflow around the tyre and onto the rim cleanly and crisply.
A vast number of tyre options are permitted by the tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyre compatibility. At the same time, the disc brake specific Cognition hub yields optimum spoke tensions via its honed flange arrangement before the Sapim CX-Ray spokes supplement the build with a sturdy 2-cross lacing pattern.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- Conceived purely to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm rim depth lays a formidable foundation for realising lower drag at higher speeds
- A rim profile that has been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lowers drag, increases crosswind stability and smooths the rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip and is specifically designed around 25mm tyres
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition hub has a Center Lock Disc interface, super smooth bearings and a superior flange profile to promote more even spoke tensions
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined aerodynamic profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hubs: Zipp Cognition
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 25mm tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 887 grams (based on a 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.