Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Clincher Rim Brake Rear Wheel
Reinventing the wheel is no small feat, Zipp, however, have succeeded in doing so with their 858 NSW Rim Brake Carbon Clincher Rear Wheel.
Featuring a deep section carbon fibre rim, 24 aerodynamic Sapim CX-Ray spokes and Zipp's tried and tested dimple pattern finish, everything about this wheel screams race performance. The difference with the 858 NSW however, is that unlike traditional designs, compliance and cross-wind stability are not compromised in favour of speed.
The patented biomimetic 77/82mm-deep rim profile successfully reduces drag for increased velocity, whilst the shallower sections provide fantastic cross-wind stability as well as the comfort and compliance levels usually found on shallower depth wheels. The result; a wheelset that excels across a variety of weather conditions and gradients, perfectly balancing the advantages of both deep and shallow profile wheels into one fast, stable and confidence inspiring hybrid.
Zipp's Showstopper™ technology further improves performance, offering greater wet weather stopping power than any other carbon wheel on the market. This, paired with the sealed bearing hubs ensure the wheel is capable of four season use, ideal for those wishing to train and race upon the same setup.
To summarise, the 858 NSW has filled a niche gap in the busy wheel market, offering the benefits associated with deep and shallow rims, to offer a versatile product, boasting outstanding levels of compliance and comfort, without compromising the out and out speed aerodynamic carbon wheels are renowned for.
- NSW ShowStopper™ brake track provides higher levels of wet weather stopping power than any other wheel on the market
- Biomimetic 77/82mm rim profile combines the aerodynamics of a deep section wheels with the cross-wind stability of shallower offerings to provide a versatile, fast wheel
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes increase aerodynamics for greater straight-line performance
- Stainless Steel Cartridge bearings keep the grit and grime on the outside for true four-season performance and reliability
Please note: The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Size: 700c
- Rim construction: Carbon Fibre Sawtooth™ rim with Hyperfoil™ nodes
- Rim Depth: 77/82mm (stepped profile)
- Rim internal width: 17mm
- Tyre fitment: clincher
- Brake compatibility: rim brake
- Axle type: QR 130
- Spoke count: 24
- Cassette Compatibility: Campagnolo or SRAM/Shimano Road
- Spokes: black Sapim CX-Ray
- Driver Mechanism: Axial Clutch
- Bearings: Stainless Steel Cartridge design
- Nipple material: Aluminium
- Rim Finish: UD carbon fibre, Impress Technology, HexFin™ ABLC dimple pattern
- Handcrafted in the USA