Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset
Integrating all of the brand’s extensive aerodynamic knowledge with state of the art materials the Zipp 858 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Wheelset donates an impressive wind-cheating performance to any effort against the clock, from the local evening 10 through to IronMan Kona.
A sophisticated mixture of the finest carbon materials and resins are employed within the structure of the rims to elicit a perfect ratio of lateral stiffness, strength and low weight. This intricate composition is moulded into the non-uniform, trailblazing Sawtooth rim profile that includes a series of Hyperfoil nodes around its interior edge. This innovatory shape affords the lowest possible drag numbers and combines these with ultimately composed stability, even in strong winds. A dimpled and ridged rim surface called HexFin ABLC complements by attaching a boundary layer of air to the rim, allowing it to slip through the atmosphere with increased ease.
The rim possesses a wide inner structure, and this is compatible with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres. Whatever tyres are used, this wide rim stance spreads the tyre beads further apart and forces the carcass to realise an optimum cross-sectional profile that, in turn, promotes lowered rolling resistance, enhanced comfort and boosted cornering grip. Meanwhile, the Showstopper carbon brake track substantially improves stopping power, even under torrential rain, thanks to its friction increasing siped surface.
Smooth and durable bearings are encased in the svelte Cognition hub bodies while the freehub promotes its Axial Clutch technology to reduce drag when coasting. The build is finally linked together by the esteemed Sapim CX-Ray spokes and they, along with evenly tensioned lacing patterns, grant efficiency and dependability.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- A wheelset that has been created purely for the fastest possible performance against the clock
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- The undulating 77/82mm deep, Sawtooth rim profiles features nature inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim widths reduce tyre rolling resistance, improve comfort and enhance cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre set ups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- The Cognition hubs have super smooth bearings with the rear featuring an Axial Clutch freehub mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 77/82mm
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: Radial / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke count: Front: 18 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition / Rear: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Max tyre pressure: 125psi
- Max recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 770 grams / Rear: 944 grams / Wheelset: 1714 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.