Zipp Super-9 Disc-brake Carbon Clincher Disc Wheel
With the Super-9 Carbon Clincher Disc Wheel, Zipp pair the stopping power of disc brakes with the fastest wheel in their range. Zipp's first ever product, released almost three decades ago, was a disc wheel - and now the Super-9 Carbon Clincher Disc brings that wealth of experience and innovation into the 21st century. By marrying the fastest wheel they make with the stopping power of modern disc brakes, they have created a truly remarkable wheel, capable of taking chunks out of any rider's PBs.
Featuring a high-modulus carbon rim, handmade in Zipp's factory in Indianapolis, the Super-9 synthesises supreme aerodynamic performance with peerless power transfer, all whilst remaining featherlight. These class-leading attributes are what have made the Super-9 family the go-to wheels for the world's top triathletes and time triallists, having been ridden to victory in an array of Ironman events and Grand Tour stages.
Now, the incorporation of disc braking has yielded a whole new range of performance benefits. The added power of disc braking allows you to brake later, and with more control and modulation, saves you precious seconds out on the course. Not only this, but it also saves you from braking on carbon rims - making this wheel a longlasting investment in your personal performance.
Combining supreme aerodynamic innovation, super stiff high-modulus carbon, and incredible braking performance, the Zipp Super-9 Carbon Clincher Disc is a truly world-class wheel option.
Please note: Zipp has placed a 125kg (275lbs) weight limit on these wheels. The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Clincher disc wheel for disc brake
- Max recommended rider weight: 275lbs
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon fibre
- Hubs: Zipp 177DD
- Tyre compatibility: Clincher Tube
- Brake compatibility: Disc (Centre Lock)
- Disc standard: Centre lock / 6-bolt (if disc wheels)
- Rear axle: Quick-Release, 135mm. Thru-axle compatible. Comes with thru-axle end caps that can be swapped by hand: 12x142mm
- Weight: 1175 grams
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM 10/11-speed compatible
- Includes: Silca disc valve adapter, Zipp Tangente quick-release skewer, Zipp Tangente tube 700c x 20-28mm, Zipp rim tape 700c x 20mm, Zipp valve hole sticker, Zipp thru-axle end caps