Zone3 Aeroforce X Womens Trisuit
A raft of wind tunnel and real-world testing in collaboration with the aerodynamicists at Aerocoach has conceived the Zone3 Aeroforce X Women's Trisuit. Designed meticulously to be the World’s fastest, this suit amalgamates a total of five different fabrics, all explicitly chosen and placed to decrease drag and enhance comfort.
The pairing of Aeroforce-X and Aero-Stripe materials within the arms vastly improves the aerodynamics on these forward-facing panels thanks to the boundary layer creating, textured surface of the weave. Aeroforce Soft-Touch fabric is utilised on the front torso as it facilitates complete freedom of movement and unrestricted breathing via its high elasticity. Lightweight, high wicking Airflo then features on the back panel for optimal temperature control before the compressive nature of the Premium-Fit fabric is employed on the thighs to promote increased blood flow and reduced fatigue.
This quintet of materials all features a water repellent coating to aid in-the-water speed before being brought together within a women-specific fit. More extended arm and leg sections increased skin coverage and lower drag further while laser-cut hems on these panels keep the material from riding up the limbs, even when swimming.
The high performance, tri-specific Cytec seat pad offers ample on-the-bike cushioning but doesn’t restrict when swimming or running so offers comfort that sweeps event-wide. Aero-optimised pockets are then positioned for easy access to nutrition before a flexible zip, comfortable across all three disciplines, completes this suit in a thoroughly comprehensive manner.
- Five unique fabrics from Italy and France make up each suit which was necessary in order to find the perfect balance between speed, breathability, comfort, coverage and overall performance
- Aeroforce-X fabric : Located on the sleeve panels, this is a unique dimple fabric based on golf ball technology and is located in the key areas to help minimise drag and increase speed by creating a thin turbulent boundary layer of air that clings to the suit’s surface
- Aero-Stripe fabric: Similar to the Aeroforce-X fabric, this fabric is located on the underarm and lat panels
- Aeroforce Soft-Touch fabric: Used on the front body to offers great coverage whilst having an invisible feel and being highly breathable. Extremely quick-drying and features a high-tech water repellent nano-coating to reduce drag resistance in and out of the water.
- Airflo fabric: An extremely lightweight, breathable and wicking material is located on the back panel for optimum temperature control
- Premium-Fit fabric: A smooth and soft fabric that feels fantastic against the skin, providing coverage, core muscle support and graduated compression on the legs
- Water-repellent coatings help to reduce drag and absorption in the water, adding extra speed and reducing fatigue before the bike
- The core body panel incorporates ColdBlack technology across the core to reduce infrared absorption and help regulate body temperature
- Arms and leg lengths designed to be a little longer than your traditional Trisuit to maximise the aerodynamic benefits
- Laser-cut arm and leg holes with an integrated lightweight silicone grip are designed to keep the arms and legs in place. This unique design also improves the aerodynamic profile due to the removal of any stitching
- A low-profile neckline is designed for improved fit without chafing
- High-performance pad from Cytech in Italy, specifically designed for triathlon and suitable across all distances whether it’s Sprint, Olympic, 70.3 or Long
- Nutrition storage: Aero designed pockets for storage without affecting performance or increasing drag
- A unique flexible zip was sourced from Japan to allow a more Aero position to be achieved on the bike whilst still allowing comfort when standing to run