Zone3 Lava Long Distance Short Sleeve Womens Tri Top
Blending a thorough triathlon-inspired design with premium, specifically chosen fabrics, the Zone3 Lava Long Distance Short Sleeve Womens Tri Top is designed specifically for the rigours of full IronMan racing and training.
Two fabrics are utilised within the make-up of this top with each material explicitly chosen and positioned to enhance comfort and performance. Aero-Stripe is an Italian fabric deployed on the upper chest. This fabric has a highly textured weave to increase aerodynamics on this forward-facing surface. French Aeroforce fabric is then used on the lower front and back panels due to its high stretch comfort and fast-wicking capabilities. A water repellent coating across the materials then lowers drag in the water but also improves general breathability.
The fabrics are knitted together within a specific pattern that is conceived for improved aerodynamics and the female anatomy. A double chest panel affords increased coverage and support in this area before a longer length ensures the right amount of overlap with shorts, even when in the aero riding position. Comfort is supplemented with anti-chafe, bonded armholes, flat-lock stitching throughout and a full front zip to modulate on-the-fly ventilation. The top is then completed in a comprehensive fashion with a rear nutrition storage pocket to stow vital in-race gels and bars.
- Utilises a duo of refined Italian and French materials with each fabric carefully chosen and positioned to improve performance, comfort and endurance
- Aero-Stripe – This Italian fabric is located on the upper chest to improve aerodynamics. This textured material creates turbulence across the key boundary layers when on the bike to reduce drag
- Aeroforce Soft-Touch - This French fabric is used on the main front and back panels. It is exceptionally breathable, has 360° stretch for total comfort and has a high-tech Nano water repellent coating to reduces drag in and out of the water
- Women’s specific fit and double lined chest panel for coverage
- Aerodynamic fit - The tight fit makes it suitable to be worn underneath the wetsuit during a swim, but we would recommend that it might be more comfortable putting it on in T1 in preparation for the bike and run
- Length - Designed to slightly overlap with the Tri short, which gives the impression of wearing a suit, but with the versatility of wearing a short and top. Longer on the back for when on the bike
- Utilising heat bonding, flat-lock stitching and closed stitching to find the perfect balance between comfort and speed
- Bonded arm holes for speed and comfort
- Full front zip – This feature allows the suit to be put on and taken off more easily and quickly; also allowing full torso ventilation during very warm conditions
- Nutrition storage pockets: Located on the back and designed with a heat-bonded cover to allow gels to be stored and easy to access whilst on the bike or run