3T Cycling Torno Limited Edition Chainset
Having made the world’s first dedicated 1x road bike in the Strada, 3T Cycling decided to use all their carbon knowledge, and that of sister company THM, to make the Torno Limited Edition Chainsetin order to maximise the aerodynamic advantages of the single chainring concept.
Manufactured in Bergamo, Italy, the carbon fibre crank arms are a mere 12mm wide at the pedal end to slice through the air, whilst being deeper than usual to retain stiffness. Second only to THM’s own non-aero Clavicula SE crankset in weight, the Torno LTD comes in at a scant 300 grams, and yet is still rated for a 110kg usage limit. The Torno LTD chainset is made to be used with the Wolftooth 1x specific chainring (available in 36, 40 and 44 tooth options) using a custom aero spider and bolt circle diameter for perfectly integrated aerodynamics.
In their quest for speed, 3T have combined the carbon axle with the drive-side crank arm and spider as this is the stiffest and lightest option, albeit the most difficult and complex to manufacture. Wide-ranging compatibility with bottom bracket standards make this an amazing, weight saving option for many single front ring setups.
- Weight crank (+/- 3%): 300 grams (175mm, crank arms, axle, spider)
- Weight metal part: 30 grams (bolt, extractor)
- Weight chainrings: 79 grams (36t), 89 grams (40t), 110 grams (44t)
- BB standard: Fits any frame with one of the following BB shells: BB386EVO, BB30, Pressfit 30 (PF30), Shimano Pressfit, BBright, Italian threaded, BSA threaded (bottom bracket not included)
- Spider BCD: Custom aero spider and bolt pattern
- Gear ranges with 3T 9-32 cassette: 36t chainring equivalent to 48-34 chainrings with 12-30 cassette, 40t chainring equivalent to 53/36 chainrings with 12-29 cassette,44t chainring equivalent to 54/36 chainring with 11-26 cassette
- Q-Factor: 142mm
- Chainline: 47mm (optimised for 1x in combination with 142mm rear axle spacing)
- Inner crank width: 118mm
- Available lengths: 170, 172.5 or 175mm
- Maximum permissible total weight (rider+bicycle+luggage): 110kg (264lb)
- Please note: Made to be used with the Wolftooth 1x specific chainring (not included - available in 36, 40 and 44 tooth options)
PRODUCT REF: 904782
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more