Focus Izalco Race Dura Ace Road Bike 2018
The Focus Izalco Race Dura Ace Road Bike has been built with racing at the forefront of the design. Sharing the same aggressive geometry as its big brother, the Max, the full carbon fibre frameset weighs in at a mere 1020 grams, perfect for sprinting away from the bunch and spinning up sharp, steep alpine ascents with ease.
While the full carbon fibre design is critical in terms of weight saving, its construction also helps improve comfort levels too, striking the perfect balance between an aggressive position and long distance efficiency. Acting as a damper, the carbon fibre effectively absorbs any unwanted road feedback before it's relayed onto the rider, ideal for longer rides across more unpredictable road surfaces.
Featuring a Dura Ace 9100 groupset, the shifting is instant and incredibly smooth, while the braking is sharp yet controllable; qualities expected from Shimano's top end mechanical setup. Combining a 52/36T chainset with a 11-30T cassette provides adequate gearing for a variety of riding styles, ensuring a high enough gear for flat, open sprints without compromising the Izalco's climbing capability.
The bike is completed with a pair of Mavic Ksyrium Black Wheels and Continental Ultra Sport II Tyres. Thanks to their low profile rims, the Ksyriums offer great crosswind stability, while their lightweight design further aids uphill efforts. Similarly, the 25mm wide tyres also improve the bikes overall performance, offering high levels of grip in all conditions and some additional cushioning, perfect for four-season racing and training.
- Shimano's Dura Ace Groupset offers unrivalled race ready performance
- Full carbon construction reduces the overall weight and increases stiffness
- Internal cable routing provides better aerodynamics and aesthetics
- 25mm Continental Ultra Sport II Tyres boost grip in all conditions
- Low profile and lightweight Mavic Ksyrium Black Wheels improve cross wind stability and climbing capabilities
Please note: The image is shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Carbon SL, caliper, Pressfit 86 BB, 130 mm quick release dropouts, Di2 ready, internal brake cable routing
- FORK: Carbon, caliper, 100 mm quick release
- STEM: BBB Deluxe, aluminium, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degree
- HANDLEBARS: BBB Deluxe, Aluminium, drop: 125mm, reach: 70mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Dura Ace R9100, caliper
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Dura Ace R9100, caliper
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Dura Ace R9100
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura Ace R9100, braze on w/clamp 31.8
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura Ace R9100, 11-speed, short cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Dura Ace R9100
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-30T
- CRANKSET: Shimano Dura Ace R9100, 52/36T
- FRONT WHEEL: Mavic Ksyrium, quick release, aluminium, 100mm, 18 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width
- REAR WHEEL: Mavic Ksyrium, quick release, aluminium, 130 mm, 20 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width
- FRONT TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 25C, Folding
- REAR TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 25C, Folding
- SADDLE: Prologo Kappa RS STN Rail
- SEATPOST: BBB CPX Plus, Carbon, 27,2mm, 350mm, set-back: 20mm
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 822108
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more