Focus Paralane 105 Disc Road Bike
The Focus Paralane 105 Disc Road Bike is an all-rounder in the truest sense of the word. Even if you own a fleet of specialist bikes, you might find yourself reaching for the Paralane first, such is the bike's versatility. Designed for year-round riding in any weather, the relaxed geometry of the light carbon frame and fork with its sleek internal cable routing offers a supremely comfortable platform that can take you nearly anywhere.
Starting with the frame, Focus have designed the bike with comfort as their top priority. The endurance fit of the Focus Carbon SL frame is enhanced by the company's proprietary Comfort Improving Areas (C.I.A.) technology. Furthermore, large dropouts allowed by the bridgeless disc brake set up provide clearance for tyres up to 35mm wide to maximise vibration damping and prolong comfort.
While the Paralane is primarily an endurance option, a number of key design features combine to bring the handling in line with more aggressive road bikes. Fewer spacers are required under the stem as the long fork raises the head tube, resulting in a more responsive handling experience. The 75mm bottom bracket drop lowers the rider's centre of gravity to improve stability and aerodynamics while instilling confidence in cornering and descending.
RAT Thru-axles provide a stable and sure-footed power transfer to the wheels and further enhance stability when braking. The Shimano WH-RS170 Wheelset boasts a strong and durable construction with an internal rim spacing of 17mm, offering a comfortable wide tyre platform.
Shifting is made a reliably enjoyable experience thanks to the Shimano 105 5800 11-Speed full groupset, including the refined 5801 front derailleur. The compact chainset and a wide-ranging cassette combine to equip this bike with the capabilities to make light work of even the toughest gradients.
Focus has enlisted the talents of Belgian company Curana to create a bespoke set of mudguards specifically for the Paralane. The plug-and-play system makes them easy to install or remove, so you can be ready for any weather. Tyres up to 32mm wide can be used with the mudguards in place, or up to 35mm with the mudguards removed, bringing the Focus Paralane into an entirely new world of possibilities.
Finishing kit is provided by BBB and includes the impressive CPX Plus Carbon Seatpost with a 25.4mm diameter for improved vibration damping qualities.
- Shimano's reliable 105 5800 11-Speed Groupset
- Lightweight Focus carbon frame and fork optimised for disc brakes
- Internal cable routing provides better aerodynamics and aesthetics
- 28mm Continental Ultra Sport II Tyres boost grip in all conditions
- RAT Thru-axles
- Strong and durable Shimano WH-RS170 Wheels
- Curana Paralane plug-and-play mudguards
Please note: The image is shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Focus Carbon SL, disc, Pressfit 86 BB, 142x12 mm thru-axle, RAT Evo technology, flat mount 140mm, internal brake & gear cable routing
- FORK: Focus Carbon, disc, 100x12 mm RAT thru axle, RAT Evo Technology, flat mount 140mm, internal brake cable routing
- STEM: BBB Deluxe, aluminium, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degree
- HANDLEBARS: BBB Deluxe, aluminium, drop: 125mm, reach: 70mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 RS505, disc, 160mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 RS505, disc, 160mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano 105 RS505
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5801, braze on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 5800, 11-speed, long cage
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 RS505
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 5800 11-speed, 11-32T
- CRANKSET: Shimano 105 5800, 50/34T
- FRONT WHEEL: Shimano WH-RS170, disc center-lock, aluminium, 100x12/142x12 mm, 28 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width, clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Shimano WH-RS170, disc center-lock, aluminium, 100x12/142x12 mm, 28 spokes, 17 mm inner rim width, clincher
- FRONT TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 28C, folding, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 28C, folding, clincher
- SADDLE: Prologo Kappa 3 STN Rail
- SEATPOST: BBB CPX Plus, Carbon, 25.4mm, 350mm, set-back: 20mm
- ACCESSORIES: Curana Paralane Mudguards
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 824258
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more