Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
We've partnered with PedalSure to offer you 30-DAYS FREE bike insurance on new bikes over £400. Visit our Cycle Insurance page to learn more and claim.
Orbea Gain D40 Disc E-Road Bike 2020
The Orbea Gain D40 Disc E-Road Bike is one for riders that want to have more fun, ride faster and go further, all while expending less energy. The alloy frame and fork create a stiff and compliant bike that handles extremely well, and neatly hidden within the rear hub is a drive system to give you a powerful boost up to 25kph. The Ebikemotion battery is one of the smallest and lightest available, tucked away out of sight - it's hardly apparent this bike is electric at all, and when the motor cuts out at higher speeds, there is no added drag. Control of the system is carried out via a single button on the top tube, powering it on and off and allowing you to view both the battery and assistance levels.
Shimano Tiagra components won't let you down, they offer smooth, precise gear changes and the hydraulic braking is powerful in all weather conditions so you can ride fast knowing you'll be able to stop fast. The BlackJack Ready GR wheels, Hutchinson 28c tyres and frame-size-specific handlebar, stem and cranks complete the build making this bike versatile, capable and comfortable.
- Lightweight alloy frame and carbon fork
- The Enough Power and Enough Energy concepts result in an exceptionally lightweight, sporty and rideable bike – a machine that heeds the call of the open road. Gain embraces your sweat and hard work and works in unison with your efforts to tick off the kilometres
- System interfaces are modern, integrated and sleek
- The Gain’s control centre is an attractive and discreet button on the top tube. With the simple iWoc ONE interface you can power the system on or off, check motor assist level and view the remaining battery charge
- Coloured LED lighting puts all the information you need right at your fingertips
- The Ebikemotion 36V/6.9A ANT+ battery is light, small and discreet. Gain’s Enough Energy concept provides you with enough battery power, not more. It eliminates the need for a bulky, high-output battery that needs to be removed from the bike
- The rear hub motor is the key to Gain’s Enough Power concept. The sophisticated drive system provides enough smooth and reliable assistance at levels designed to enhance your ride, not dominate it. And since the motor is at the hub, you’ll experience drag-free pedalling when Gain is not providing a push
- Gain’s smooth and balanced assist requires an advanced sensor. Blending perfectly with your effort to create a sleek and discrete system, the cassette lockring holds 20 magnets that are detected by the integrated dropout sensor. The system monitors your pedalling input and adjusts power accordingly
- A smartphone and smartwatch compatible app enables deeper control of the iWoc system used by Gain. Ride tracking, activity and GPS route uploading and other functions are available from your mobile device, making the Gain an even more valuable tool
- Shimano Tiagra 10-speed drivetrain and Shimano Tiagra hydraulic disc brakes
- BlackJack Ready GR clincher wheels and Hutchinson Fusion 5 All Season 28c tyres
- Please note: Spec is as listed, images are for illustration of colourway only
|Frame||Orbea Gain Hydro, aluminium 6000 series, Orbea Tube Shaping, flat mount disc brakes, 135x9 QR, carrier and mudguards compatible, maximum tyre size 700x40C, inner cable routing, Ebikemotion X35 specific, integrated battery|
|Fork||Orbea Speed 400mm carbon flat mount|
|Handlebar||Orbea OC1 Road, reach 80mm, drop 125mm, width - 400mm (XS); 420mm (S,M); 440mm (L,XL)|
|Stem||Orbea OC1 Road -6º, length - 90mm (XS); 100mm (S,M); 110mm (L); 120mm (XL)|
|Front Brake||Shimano Tiagra 4770 hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brake||Shimano Tiagra 4770 hydraulic disc|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Tiagra ST-4770|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra 4700|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Tiagra 4700 GS|
|Shift Levers||Shimano Tiagra ST-4770, 10-speed|
|Cassette||Shimano Tiagra HG-500, 11-32t, 10-speed|
|Crankset||Shimano Tiagra 4700, 34/50t, crank length - 170mm (XS,S,M); 172mm (L); 175mm (XL)|
|Front Wheel||BlackJack Ready GR, clincher|
|Rear Wheel||BlackJack Ready GR, clincher|
|Front Tyre||Hutchinson Fusion 5 All Season TLR 700x28c, clincher|
|Rear Tyre||Hutchinson Fusion 5 All Season TLR 700x28c, clincher|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Asphalt GR|
|Seatpost||Orbea OC2 27.2 Offset 20|
|Pedals||Available to be purchased separately|
|Motor||Ebikemotion X35 25kmh|
|Battery||Ebikemotion 36V/6.9A ANT+|
|Remote||Ebikemotion iWoc ONE|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if specified), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards.
Orbea Gain D40 Disc E-Road Bike 2020 Sizing
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.