Specialized Fuse Expert Carbon 6Fattie Disc Mountain Bike 2018
Whereas most hardtails are designed to be efficient over long distances, Specialized took a slightly different approach with the Specialized Fuse Expert 6Fattie 2018. The sole purpose of this bike is to go hard, go fast and not stop for anything - a true shredding machine that can handle both the big features of the bike park and long days in the saddle, grinding out the miles.
The FACT 10m carbon fibre frame construction is ideal for a bike of this pedigree, providing the beautiful blend of stiffness and efficiency we all yearn for when out climbing steep gradients and speeding down technical singletrack. The integrated SWAT™ Door increases the Fuse’s versatility, allowing you to store multi-tools, inner tubes and even sandwiches behind the bottle cage on the downtube.
To take on the big hits and smoothen out your ride, Specialized have sought the help of FOX with their Rhythm FLOAT 34. This front fork provides 120mm of plush travel that soaks up the bumps, roots and rocks of the trail, whilst still giving a responsive ride feel, even when taking impacts.
What truly sets this bike apart from the rest of the hardtails are the 650bx3.0” wheel/tyre combination. This ‘6Fattie’ approach to tyres has been proven to provide greater levels of grip, traction and rolling speed - ensuring that when you’re going downhill, you’re going as fast as you can.
To tame this incredible speed, SRAM Guide R hydraulic disc brakes have to command the braking. These hydraulic disc brakes modulate heat efficiently, allowing you to brake with the same power throughout your ride, no matter if you’ve just conquered a long section of singletrack or you’re just heading out the door.
A SRAM X1 drivetrain has been specifically chosen for its durability, high-quality build construction and wide range of gears. The rear derailleur provides 11-gears, getting you up those steep, technical sections and powering down long, flowing trails.
- FACT 10m carbon fibre frame construction blends stiffness with light weight to form the pinnacle of efficiency, while internal routing tubes and an integrated SWAT™ Door create a tidy aesthetic and zero-hassle storage.
- FOX Rhythm FLOAT 34 is the latest trail-taming fork from the masterminds at FOX, offering two-position sweep adjust and 120mm of plush travel.
- 650bx3.0" 6Fattie Purgatory and Ground Control tyres feature a perfectly sized contact patch for life-changing levels of traction and control while cornering, all without sacrificing climbing efficiency or descending prowess. And with a GRID casing protecting the sidewalls, these tyres will stand up to anything the trail can throw at them.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 10m carbon fibre, SWAT™ Door down tube storage w/internal routing tubes, tapered head tube, 148x12mm thru-axle rear hub spacing, 160mm post mount disc, threaded bottom bracket
- FORK: FOX Rhythm FLOAT 34, air spring, 2-position Sweep Adjustment, 15x110mm thru-axle, 120mm travel
- STEM: Specialized Trail, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Trail, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 750mm width, 31.8mm
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 200/180mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Guide R, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper, 180/160mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X1, Type 2.1, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger
- CASSETTE: SRAM XG-1175, 11-speed, 10-42t
- CRANKSET: RaceFace Turbine Cinch crankset, alloy, 30mm spindle, direct-mount chainring, 52mm chainline, 11-speed
- FRONT WHEEL: Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 110x15mm thru-axle, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: Specialized disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized Command Post IRcc, 12 position micro-height adjustable, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL lever, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, M/L/XL: 125mm travel
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 662563
Requesting the size guide for this item.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more