Specialized S-Works Torch Road Cycling Shoes
The latest in the Specialized Torch Road Cycling Shoe range, this S-Works model borrows details from the flagship S-Works 7s, further reducing weight and improving comfort while retaining exceptional stiffness.
Body Geometry design is key to efficiency and comfort, and three patented technologies feature. A 1.5mm Varus Wedge improves foot, knee and hip alignment, stabilising and encouraging natural movement of the feet, ultimately increasing power outputs. Longitudinal Arch Support prevents the foot from collapsing, and a Metatarsal Button creates separation between the bones in the forefoot so the fit is snug without creating any painful hotspots or numbness.
Taking into account Retül foot scan data, Specialized has widened the base plate by 4mm at the ball of the foot so the last better matches the shape of the feet, delivering a snug, almost customised feel. A completely new carbon plate shaves 20 grams off that of the S-Works 7 and, to ensure stiffness remains uncompromised, an internal "I-Beam" has been added, ensuring power transfer is equally as good. The sole is compatible with three-bolt pedal systems such as LOOK and SPD-SLs, and the titanium alloy cleat nuts can be rotated, allowing a wider range of cleat positions. A non-slip heel tread makes walking easier, and it's replaceable when required to prevent any wear on the carbon sole.
The upper allows an adaptive fit that moulds to your foot, with reinforcement to prevent stretching over time. An asymmetrical heel counter creates a lower, more comfortable ankle collar by eliminating material from the lateral side without reducing the required support on the medial side, lowering the risk of excess pressure or chafing. Two BOA® S3 dials with quick release allow for micro-adjustments on-the-fly, so you can tighten up for a sprint and release pressure when recovering. These associated cables have also undergone changes, with the lower one shifted down and angled, preventing the ball of the foot from lifting and eliminating the need for an additional Velcro strap.
- Body Geometry design includes three patented technologies to comfortably deliver extra power and efficiency; Varus Wedge, Longitudinal Arch Support and Metatarsal Button
- New upper features reinforcement in key zones while also offering adaptive fit zones to create a disappearing fit on the foot
- Based on data gathered from Retül foot scans, the new base plate is 4mm wider at the ball than the previous generation of S-Works 7 shoe
- By optimising its construction, the new carbon plate is 20 grams lighter than the S-Works 7. An internal "I-Beam" ensures it maintains the same stiffness as the previous generation
- An updated last makes use of Retül data to better match the shape of riders' feet, sloping more towards the lateral side to give a snug, close-to-foot fit
- Asymmetric heel counter supports the medial side while removing material from the lateral side, allowing for a lower collar
- Updated BOA® cable routing improves lockdown while reducing pressure across anterior ankle ligaments
- Independent alloy BOA® S3-Snap Fit System for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the BOA® Guarantee
- Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position pedal/cleats 5mm rearward
- Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security
- Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals