Specialized Tarmac SL6 Sport Disc Road Bike 2019
The Tarmac family is renowned within pro cycling for delivering a unique blend of precision handling, featherlight weight and an incredible stiffness profile, and the Tarmac SL6 Sport Disc Road Bike is no different. By combining a high-grade carbon fibre frameset with a reliable specification full of top-quality components, this bike delivers top-end performance at an impressively accessible price point.
At the heart of this bike is a high-grade FACT 9r carbon fibre frame paired with a FACT 10r fork. Together, this provides an extremely lightweight frameset perfect for climbing, with tube shapes relentlessly optimised to provide a sector-leading stiffness profile. Specialized's Rider-First Engineered™ technology, meanwhile, ensures that every single frame size brings the same legendary climbing responsiveness that you'd expect from a Tarmac. The thru-axle specific frameset, helps add to the overall stiffness and efficiency of the ride.
The 11-speed 105 groupset provides extremely reliable and slick shifting performance, while the hydraulic disc brakes guarantee powerful stopping power in all conditions - even wet weather. The ever-popular 105 groupset has recently received a comprehensive update, and this new R7000 series now boasts many of the same performance features that were previously the preserve of Shimano's top-tier groupsets.
The bike is rolling on a set of dependable and long-lasting DT R470 Disc wheels, which are shod with a pair of Turbo Pro tyres in a comfortable 26mm width. The seatpost, meanwhile, is made from FACT carbon in order to provide that extra touch of riding compliance. The package is nicely rounded out with Specialized's in-house touchpoint components for a comfortable ride.
- Featuring Specialized's Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary climbing responsiveness and descending prowess you'd expect from a Tarmac. The FACT 9r frame is the perfect blend of value and performance.
- The 11-speed Shimano 105 shifting is extremely reliable and precise, while the hydraulic disc brakes offer exceptional modulation and stopping power.
- DT R470 Disc wheels feature reliable, sealed cartridge hubs, and 24 front and rear spokes that keeps weight low and durability high.
Note: Image shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK: Specialized FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FRONT WHEEL: DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- INNER TUBES: Presta, 48mm valve
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- CRANKSET: Shimano 105 R7000
- CHAINRINGS: 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano threaded
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 Disc R7020
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 R7000, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 R7000-GS, medium cage
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 R7000, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN: KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 R7070, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 R7070, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE: S-Wrap Roubaix with sticky gel
- STEM: Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE: Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST: S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER: Alloy 31.2mm
- PEDALS: Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball with reflectors
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), rotate and tighten the handlebars following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
PRODUCT REF: 893801
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more