Trek Checkpoint ALR 4 Gravel Bike 2019
The Trek Checkpoint ALR 4 Gravel Bike represents the affordable gateway to the Checkpoint family of adventure bikes. Tough, robust, and above all, versatile, the bikes from this range are designed to be at home on any terrain and to cope with any riding situation. The focal point of this bike is its versatile frame, constructed from lightweight 300 Series Alpha aluminium and finished with a carbon fork. Not only does this frameset boast mounts for both racks and mudguards, it also boasts clearance for up to a 45mm tyre, making it perfect for off-road bike packing adventures as well as your commute to work.
The frameset benefits from Trek's adjustable Stranglehold dropouts, so you can fine-tune the frame geometry to suit whatever terrain you are tackling. Want a shorter, nippier wheelbase to attack that technical trail section? You can have it. Want a longer, more relaxed wheelbase for all-day tarmac cruising? No problem.
The drivetrain, meanwhile, is taken care of by Shimano's dependable Tiagra groupset. The combination of a compact 50/34 crankset and a wide-ranging 11-34 cassette means the Checkpoint is ready for any gradient. The wheels come from Trek's own Bontrager range, and are tubeless ready should you wish to upgrade. The supplied 35mm Schwalbe G-One Allround clinchers, meanwhile, are a renowned gravel-riding favourite, and will help keep you rubber side down on any terrain. The hydraulic Shimano disc brakes, are a totally bomb-proof option that supply assured stopping power whatever the weather.
Gravel riding, bike packing, urban commutes, all day tours - whatever the ride, the Trek Checkpoint ALR 4 has it covered.
- Robust alloy frame provides mounts for both mudguards and pannier racks
- Boasts ample clearance for up to a 45mm tyre
- Stranglehold dropout technology allows you to adjust your frame geometry to suit the terrain
- Dependable Shimano Tiagra groupset provides bombproof shifting performance
- FRAME: Trek 300 Series Alpha Aluminium, tapered head tube, BB86.5, flat-mount disc brakes, Stranglehold dropouts, 12mm thru axle, Control Freak, internal cable routing, 3S chain keeper
- FORK: Trek Checkpoint carbon disc, alloy tapered steerer, flat-mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12mm thru axle
- HEADSET: Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7-degree, w/computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBARS: Bontrager RL IsoZone VR-CF, 31.8mm
- BAR TAPE: Bontrager, black
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano RS505 flat mount hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano RS505 flat mount hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tiagra
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano RS405, 10 speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Tiagra, 11-34, 10-speed
- CHAIN: KMC X10
- CRANKSET: Shimano Tiagra, 50/34 (compact)
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano press-fit
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager tubeless ready rims, Bontrager alloy sealed bearing hubs, 12mm alloy axle, centre lock
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager tubeless ready rims, Bontrager alloy sealed bearing hubs, 12mm alloy axle, centre lock
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, 700cx35mm, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, 700cx35mm, clincher
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp
- SEATPOST: Bontrager approved, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 8mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 878084
Requesting the size guide for this item.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more