Trek Checkpoint SL 6 Carbon Gravel Bike 2019
The Trek Checkpoint SL6 Carbon Gravel Bike is an adventure bike designed to take on all comers. Whether it's a self-supported gravel race across the American wilderness or just a day of pinning corners on your favourite trail, this bike is more than a match for whatever the ride can throw at it.
The centrepiece of the Checkpoint SL6 is a carbon frameset, with tube profiles specifically shaped to encourage vertical compliance whilst keeping weight featherlight. Where this frame stands out, however, is the plethora of Trek-patented technologies that turn it from your average gravel-shredder into a truly exceptional all-road machine. The innovative IsoSpeed Decoupler unit, for example, allows the seat tube to flex independently of the rest of the bike, smoothing out the vibrations of the road whilst retaining the rigidity and stiffness of a traditional frame.
Meanwhile, Stranglehold dropouts allow you to change the bike's effective wheelbase and fine-tune the geometry to exactly what the terrain requires, whether that be a long, steady cruiser or a short, whippy trail bike. Elsewhere, Trek's Control Freak technology helps keep cable routing packaged away internally, protecting the cables from the rigours of riding and giving the bike a clean, uncluttered aesthetic.
With Shimano's premium Ultegra groupset providing the drivetrain and shifting, and hydraulic disc brakes lending incredible stopping power in any weather conditions, this is a bike you can rely on mile after mile. Tubeless-ready Bontrager wheels and some incredibly versatile Schwalbe G-One clincher tyres help complete this remarkably adaptable bike.
Whether you want a tough bikepacking steed, a year-round do-everything adventure bike, or even the most luxurious commuter on the planet, the Trek Checkpoint SL6 is a perfect choice.
- Lightweight carbon frame has been designed for stiffness and speed
- Isospeed decoupler provides unparalleled rider comfort
- Boasts clearance for up to a 45mm tyre
- Stranglehold dropout technology allows you to tailor your bike's geometry to suit the terrain
- Premium Shimano Ultegra groupset provides flawless shifting performance
- FRAME: Trek 500 Series OCLV Carbon, Rear IsoSpeed, Stranglehold dropouts, tapered head tube, BB90, flat-mount disc brakes, rack mounts and hidden mudguard mounts, Control Freak, internal cable routing, 12mm thru-axle, 3S chain keeper, Ride Tuned seatmast
- FORK: Trek Checkpoint carbon disc, carbon tapered steerer, flat-mount disc brakes, rack mounts, hidden mudguard mounts, 12mm thru-axle
- HEADSET: Integrated, cartridge bearing, sealed, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, 7-degree, with computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBARS: Bontrager RL IsoZone VR-CF, 31.8mm
- BAR TAPE: Bontrager, black
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra flat mount hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra flat mount hydraulic disc
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra, Shadow design, 11-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano HG800, 11-34, 11-speed
- CHAIN: Shimano HG600, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra, 50/34 (compact)
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano BB90
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Paradigm Comp Tubeless Ready Disc, 12mm thru-axle
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Paradigm Comp Tubeless Ready Disc, 12mm thru-axle
- FRONT TYRE: Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, TL Easy, 700cx35mm, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Schwalbe G-One Allround, aramid bead, TL Easy, 700cx35mm, clincher
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp
- SEATPOST: Bontrager Ride Tuned carbon seatmast cap, 20mm offset
PRODUCT REF: 880431
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more