Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel
The Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel is an adaptable performer that is completely capable of excelling across the gamut of riding scenarios thanks to its thoroughly meticulous design and advanced materials. Whether climbing steep Pyrenean mountain passes, powering along in a solo break or dabbling with the gravel the 303 will work with consummate ease.
The finest of carbon material is used within the rim structure to grant a blend of lateral stiffness, strength and low weight. This material is formed into a sophisticated, wide and bulbous cross-sectional profile that is tuned via Zipp's AeroBalance concept which utilises the wind tunnel, CFD computer simulations and real-world rider testing to elicit the lowest amounts of drag and exceptional crosswind stability. The dimpled rim surface pattern complements this by smoothing the airflow around the rim body to improve aerodynamic performance further.
The internal rim structure features a hookless design and Tubeless Made Easy technology to glean the most from tubeless-ready tyres whether on the road or during installation. The broad inner rim width helps by spreading the tyre beads further apart to promote a superior tyre profile and an increased air volume that, in turn, drastically reduces rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip.
The disc brake-specific hub is Center Lock compatible and encases super smooth stainless bearings with improved seals for increased weather protection. Sapim CX-Sprint spokes bring everything together via a 2-cross lacing pattern to bestow admirable amounts of stiffness and resilience.
- Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A wheel that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, low weight, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort for a multifaceted performance
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 40mm rim depth offers performance in any riding situation
- AeroBalance-derived rim profile simultaneously lowers drag, improves crosswind stability and provides a turbulence-reducing rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide, 25mm internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Hookless rim is designed with Tubeless Made Easy technology to take advantage of and ease the installation of tubeless tyres as well as smoothing the rim-to-tyre interface for lower drag
- A low overall weight promotes enhanced climbing and acceleration
- ZR1 DB hub is German engineered, Center Lock compatible and has super smooth bearings and durable seals
- Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
Please note, the Zipp 303 Firecrest is designed for use with tubeless-ready tyres only with a minimum width of 28mm.
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher only
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a refined AeroBalance profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim Depth: 40mm
- Internal Rim Width: 25mm
- Rim Internal Format: Hookless, featuring the Tubeless Made Easy concept
- External Rim Width: 30mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint laced with a 2-cross pattern
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke Count: 24
- Hub: Front: ZR1 Disc Brake
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake Compatibility: Disc
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended Tyre Size: 28mm to 55mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: 73psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 613 grams (based on a 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime