Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel
Fusing the brand’s most advanced aerodynamic concepts with the pinnacle of carbon fibre technology, the Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel promotes performance across a vast spectrum of topography. When rolling in a relentless chain gang through-and-off, surging solo through a valley or powering over wearing and undulating routes, the 454 NSW helps to deliver the rider to the finish with less fatigue and increased enthusiasm.
An industry-leading lateral stiffness to weight ratio is realised within the rim structure via the use of highly developed carbon fibre materials and resins. This carbon composition is sculpted into a groundbreaking Sawtooth rim profile that sees irregular and pronounced Hyperfoil bumps throughout its inner circumference. This undulating pattern combines with a bulbous rim cross-section and the HexFin ABLC surface dimpling to elicit low drag numbers and distinctly increased crosswind stability.
A wide internal rim measurement improves tyre integration by providing increased sidewall support. This assistance forces the tyre to form an improved silhouette that in turn lowers rolling resistance, enhances comfort and increases cornering grip. The internal structure is compatible with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres to facilitate ride fine-tuning in line with the requirements of the terrain and effort ahead.
The Showstopper carbon brake track integrates a scalloped pattern and a sophisticated surface treatment that collaborate to magnify surface friction for better stopping, even when descending steep mountain passes in the wet.
The Cognition hub and its sealed bearings spin smoothly and offer exceptional durability whilst the esteemed Sapim CX-Ray spokes complete the build by linking everything together with a clean and reliable radial lacing pattern.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- A multifaceted front wheel that performs across a huge scope of fast paced riding scenarios
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- Undulating 53/58mm rim depth provides the foundations for versatile performance within any ride
- A Sawtooth rim profile features nature inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- Cognition hub has super smooth bearings for minimal rolling resistance
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 53/58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- External rim width: 27.8mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Radial
- Spoke count: 18
- Hubs: Front: Zipp Cognition
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Max tyre pressure: 125psi
- Max recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 812 grams (no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.