Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel
Conceived by blending the brand's extensive aerodynamic experience with state of the art materials and manufacturing techniques, the Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel realises a clinically efficient performance in events against the clock. Whether gunning for a PB in the local 10-mile time trial or going for the podium in Kona, the 808 Firecrest delivers with aplomb.
The finest carbon material and resin are utilised within the rim construction, and this affords excellent lateral stiffness and low weight. This advanced composite is moulded into an 82mm deep rim profile that has been shaped following exhaustive wind tunnel testing, CFD computer simulations and pro rider feedback to promote low drag and superior crosswind handling. The ABLC rim surface dimpling pattern complements this by smoothing the airflow and further improving the aerodynamic performance across a complete sweep of yaw angles.
Tubeless tyre compatibility donates the prospect of reduced rolling resistance at comfort inducing, lower tyre pressures while eliminating the chances of pinch punctures. Standard clincher tyres are also catered for should personal preference or specific riding scenarios dictate their use.
Magnified stopping power, even in the wet, is supplied by the Showstopper brake track and its friction enhancing scalloped surface. At the same time, the ZR1, German engineered hub provides svelte encasement for super smooth and durable bearings.
The Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend spokes bring all of the components together and afford improved reliability and torsional rigidity via their neat lacing patterns and even tensions.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- Conceived to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm rim depth lays a formidable foundation for realising lower drag at higher speeds
- AeroBalance derived rim profile simultaneously lowers drag and improves crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even on the wet
- ZR1 hub is German engineered, has super smooth bearings and durable seals
- Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend spokes and a neat lacing pattern provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX Sprint J-bend
- Spoke lacing pattern: Radial
- Spoke Count: 18
- Hubs: Front: ZR1 Disc Brake
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended Tyre Size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 847 grams (no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime