PURCHASING ADMINISTRATOR - SOFT GOODS TEAM
From local bike shops to online retailer, Sigma Sports aim is simple, to encourage people onto bikes and enjoy the sport at the heart of the business. Now operating across 3 stores, with a strong online presence to not only sell but inform, educate, and excite. We cater for cyclists of all levels and abilities. Running social rides, state-of-the- art workshops, bike fitting sessions, mechanics courses and providing the opportunity to experience products first hand, at competitive prices, we're keen to remain an established hub for cycling in South West London. We pride ourselves that our staff are passionate about the sport and are keen to share that passion, this creates a common sense of purpose for all.
As part of a Soft Goods category team, you’ll be working directly with some of the world’s leading cycling brands to help source a range of products that meet the needs of our passionate and enthusiastic customers. This position plays a critical role in the day-to-day operation of Sigma Sports, with the opportunity for the right person to develop their purchasing skills and experience. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working both on their own initiative and as part of a team in order to meet strict deadlines.
You report to: Purchasing Manager
You work closely with: Purchasing Department, Suppliers, Finance team, Warehouse departments.
Based at: Head Office at Hampton Wick
Your main responsibilities:
- Providing daily administrative support to the buying team – Using Microsoft and Google packages such as Excel and Gmail
- Managing the company product database
- New product upload to support new product ranges entering the business – data entry and product copywriting
- Managing product price changes and life cycles
- Purchase order management – updating due dates and quantities
- Use of various B2B systems to place new orders
- Building relationships and communicating with suppliers
- Running daily stock replenishment and placing orders
- Ordering specific products by customer request
You are or will be able to demonstrate the following desirable or essential skills/qualifications or experience:
Essential skills/traits to demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational skills - You're the master of multitasking, effortlessly managing your time and tasks like a virtuoso conductor
- Exceptional attention to detail - You have an eagle eye for spotting even the tiniest typo or grammar slip. Precision is your middle name!
- Proficient IT skills, with proven ability and experience of working with Excel
- Ability to work independently and on your own initiative to meet deadlines
- Confident communicator over email and phone
- A love of all things cycling
Desirable skills/traits to demonstrate:
- Administration experience in a purchasing or supply chain team
- E-commerce product listing experience
- Editing and uploading product images – removing backgrounds, resizing
- Experience with more advanced Excel functions e.g., VLOOKUP’s, Pivot tables
- Experience of working within the cycling industry
Hours: The role is full-time, Monday to Friday.
Salary: Annual salary £23-25k dependent on experience.
Benefits: 22 days holiday plus published bank holidays. Life Assurance Scheme. Cycle to Work Scheme. Staff discounts.
If you feel you have the background and knowledge for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to:
Debra Scubber, HR Manager at [email protected].