Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
We've partnered with Pedalsure to offer you 30-DAYS FREE bike insurance on new bikes over £400. Visit our Cycle Insurance page to learn more and claim.
Cervelo R5 RED eTap AXS Disc Road Bike
Fusing low weight, responsiveness and comfort, the Cervelo R5 RED eTap AXS Disc Road Bike promises increased climbing prowess, rapid acceleration under power and composed descending. Via a sophisticated carbon layup, the frame is 16% lighter than the previous R5, boasting a weight of just 703 grams in a size 56cm. In addition to this lower weight, the frame now possesses the ideal bottom bracket to head tube stiffness ratio, donating a ride quality that optimally balances lateral stiffness with vertical compliance. Perfectly complementing the frame, the fork has also lost weight and has been tuned to further damp road vibrations, keeping the rider fresher during the latter stages of longer training sessions and races.
Working together via Cervelo’s race-inspired geometry, the frame and fork contribute predicatable but reactive handling, while room for up to 34mm tyres allows wide rubber to be used over very poor road surfaces. Internally routed brake hoses give a clean silhouette and help a climb-centric frame design slash aerodynamic drag at higher riding speeds.
The Reserve wheels have lightweight, full carbon rims with dedicated front and rear profiles for improved power transfer and handling stability. These rims also have increased internal measurements to guarantee optimal mating with broader tyres. Rotating around smooth-spinning DT Swiss 240 hubs, the wheels are propelled by the top-of-the-range SRAM RED AXS wireless electronic gear set up that changes accurately every time of asking. Additionally, a SRAM RED power meter is neatly integrated into the chainset, helping the rider precisely track their training and racing performances. Stopping duties are charged to the SRAM RED hydraulic disc brakes that perform flawlessly in all weather conditions.
- A pro-level bike refined to be a ‘lightweight climber” that also descends with unmatched prowess
- The carbon frame is 16% lighter than its predecessor without sacrificing bottom bracket stiffness
- Claimed weight for the frame in a size 56cm is just 703 grams
- The sophisticated carbon layup of the frame offers an optimal bottom bracket to head tube stiffness ratio
- The perfect bottom bracket to head tube stiffness ratio results in a responsive but markedly more compliant ride
- The fork weighs just 329 grams, retains lateral stiffness but reduces longitudinal stiffness to donate extra comfort
- Using Cervelo’s tried and tested race geometry, handling composure and reactivity are assured
- Fully internally routed brake hoses reduce drag by 25 grams and give a clean aesthetic
- Huge tyre clearance permits the use of up to 34mm wide rubber
- Lightweight, wind tunnel honed carbon Reserve wheels with DT Swiss 240 hubs are nimble uphill and fast in the valleys
- A SRAM RED eTap AXS gear configuration changes flawlessly via its wireless electronic format
- A power meter integrated into the chainset helps the rider train and race more effectively
- SRAM RED hydraulic disc brakes stop with control and power in all conditions
- The carbon handlebar and stem are light, stiff and neatly channel the brake hoses
- The full carbon seatpost is 20 grams lighter that previously and is tuned for extra in-the-saddle comfort
|Frame||Cervelo R5 all-carbon, disc brake compatible, 12mm x 100mm / 142mm thru-axle (F/R), internal brake hose routing|
|Fork||Cervelo R5 all-carbon, tapered steerer tube|
|Headset||FSA IS2 1-1/4 x 1-1/2|
|Bottom Bracket||Ceramic Speed for SRAM DUB axles, BBright press-fit format|
|Stem||Cervelo ST31 Carbon, with internal brake hose/cable routing|
|Handlebar||Cervelo HB13 Carbon, with internal brake hose/cable routing|
|Front Brake||SRAM RED HRD, hydraulic disc brake caliper with SRAM CenterLine XR 160mm rotors|
|Rear Brake||SRAM RED HRD, hydraulic disc brake caliper with SRAM CenterLine XR 160mm rotors|
|Brake Levers||SRAM RED eTap AXS HRD, hydraulic|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM RED eTap AXS, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM RED eTap AXS, 12-speed|
|Shift Levers||SRAM RED eTap AXS HRD, 12-speed|
|Chain||SRAM RED, 12-speed|
|Cassette||SRAM RED XG1290, 10-28, 12-speed|
|Crankset||SRAM RED AXS 48/35, with power meter|
|Front Wheel||Rim - Reserve full carbon, 34mm deep, 22.6mm internal width, tubeless-ready / Hub - DT240, Center Lock, 12mm x 100mm thru-axle / Spokes - x20|
|Rear Wheel||Rim - Reserve full carbon, 37mm deep, 21.6mm internal width, tubeless-ready / Hub - DT240, XDR freehub, Center Lock, 12mm x 100mm thru-axle / Spokes - x24|
|Front Tyre||Vittoria Corsa TLR G2.0 25c, tubeless-ready|
|Rear Tyre||Vittoria Corsa TLR G2.0 25c, tubeless-ready|
|Saddle||Prologo Scratch M5 NACK|
|Seatpost||Cervelo SP24 Carbon Aero|
|Pedals||Available to be purchased separately|
|Accessories||Cervelo faceplate front computer/accessory mount, Cervelo rear accessory mount|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. Bikes ordered for delivery will not arrive with the pedals installed, please refer to the owners manual and pedal installation guides provided for guidance. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards. Bikes ordered for delivery that have tubeless compatible tyres and rims will arrive with inner tubes installed or with tubeless valves installed, this will be brand dependent. Sealant is available to be purchased separately.
If you require any assistance please contact our Customer Care team.