Why buy your bike from Sigma Sports?
Don't hesitate to reach out to us. It's our goal to answer all of your questions and offer the best advice from our experts. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact us now or visit us in-store.
All our bikes are fully built by our Cytech qualified mechanics. To find out more, see the Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested section below to see how we'll deliver your bike.
We offer FREE DELIVERY of your bike to your home or place of work. Once you've placed your order, our Customer Care team will be in contact to offer a convenient delivery date of your choice.
We've partnered with Pedalsure to offer you 30-DAYS FREE bike insurance on new bikes over £400. Visit our Cycle Insurance page to learn more and claim.
Cervelo R5 Ultegra Di2 Disc Road Bike
The Cervelo R5 Ultegra Di2 Disc Road Bike has been conceived as a machine for the mountains, excelling on steep, arduous cols and sinuous, warp-speed descents. A new carbon layup and refined tube sections have helped the frame drop 130 grams from the previous incarnation of the R5 and have resulted in a near-ideal bottom bracket to head tube stiffness ratio. This perfectly poised ratio allows the frame to retain all of the pedalling reactivity so loved by Cervelo’s professional riders but integrates extra front end compliance for a smoother performance across poorly maintained road surfaces. The fork has also been refined to shave weight and grant increased vibration damping but doesn’t do so at the expense of lateral stiffness or strength.
A race-inspired geometry promotes nimble but composed handling, while internally routed brake hoses through the frame afford a clean silhouette and reduce aerodynamic drag. In addition, the frameset has generous tyre clearance, providing room for up to 34mm wide tyres, which will be particularly appreciated when exploring bumpy, less-traversed back roads.
Reserve wheels with lightweight carbon rims afford lively acceleration under power. These rims have broad internal measurements to coax extra performance from wider tyres and rotate around smooth-spinning, reliable DT Swiss 370 hubs. Gear changes are taken care of by the Shimano Ultegra R8100 12-speed configuration that uses its semi-wireless electronic format to shift accurately amongst its vast range of ratios. Stopping duties are enlisted to the matching Ultegra hydraulic disc brakes that stop powerfully and precisely in all weather conditions.
- A pro-level bike refined to be a ‘lightweight climber” that also descends with unmatched prowess
- The carbon frame is 16% lighter than its predecessor without sacrificing bottom bracket stiffness
- Claimed weight for the frame in a size 56cm is just 703 grams
- The sophisticated carbon layup of the frame offers an optimal bottom bracket to head tube stiffness ratio
- The perfect bottom bracket to head tube stiffness ratio results in a responsive but markedly more compliant ride
- The fork weighs just 329 grams, retains lateral stiffness but reduces longitudinal stiffness to donate extra comfort
- Using Cervelo’s tried and tested race geometry, handling composure and reactivity are assured
- Fully internally routed brake hoses reduce drag by 25 grams and give a clean aesthetic
- Huge tyre clearance permits the use of up to 34mm wide rubber
- Lightweight, wind tunnel honed carbon Reserve wheels with DT Swiss 240 hubs are nimble uphill and fast in the valleys
- A Shimano Ultegra R8100 Di2 12-speed gear configuration changes flawlessly via its semi-wireless electronic format
- Shimano Ultegra R8100 hydraulic disc brakes stop with control and power in all conditions
- The carbon handlebar and stem are light, stiff and neatly channel the brake hoses
- The full carbon seatpost is 20 grams lighter that previously and is tuned for extra in-the-saddle comfort
|Frame||Cervelo R5 all-carbon, disc brake compatible, 12mm x 100mm / 142mm thru-axle (F/R), internal brake hose routing|
|Fork||Cervelo R5 all-carbon, tapered steerer tube|
|Headset||FSA IS2 1-1/4 x 1-1/2|
|Bottom Bracket||JY-BB for 24mm Hollowtech II axles, BBright press-fit format|
|Stem||Cervelo ST31 Carbon, with internal brake hose/cable routing|
|Handlebar||Cervelo HB13 Carbon, with internal brake hose/cable routing|
|Front Brake||Shimano Dura-Ace 8170 hydraulic disc brake caliper with Shimano RT-MT800 160mm rotors|
|Rear Brake||Shimano Dura-Ace 8170 hydraulic disc brake caliper with Shimano RT-MT800 160mm rotors|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8170, hydraulic|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8150, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8150, 12-speed|
|Shift Levers||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8170, 12-speed|
|Chain||Shimano CN-M8100, 12-speed|
|Cassette||Shimano Ultegra CS-R8100, 11-30, 12-speed|
|Crankset||Shimano Ultegra 8100 52/36|
|Front Wheel||Rim - Reserve full carbon, 34mm deep, 22.6mm internal width, tubeless-ready / Hub - DT370, Center Lock, 12mm x 100mm thru-axle / Spokes - x20|
|Rear Wheel||Rim - Reserve full carbon, 37mm deep, 21.6mm internal width, tubeless-ready / Hub - DT370, Shimano freehub, Center Lock, 12mm x 100mm thru-axle / Spokes - x24|
|Front Tyre||Vittoria Corsa TLR G2.0 25c, tubeless-ready|
|Rear Tyre||Vittoria Corsa TLR G2.0 25c, tubeless-ready|
|Saddle||Prologo Scratch M5 PAS Tirox|
|Seatpost||Cervelo SP24 Carbon Aero|
|Pedals||Available to be purchased separately|
|Accessories||Cervelo faceplate front computer/accessory mount, Cervelo rear accessory mount|
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools. Visit our Bike Assembly page to see how you assemble your new bike once you receive it.
All bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified. Bikes ordered for delivery will not arrive with the pedals installed, please refer to the owners manual and pedal installation guides provided for guidance. We do not install accessories to bikes, including mudguards. Bikes ordered for delivery that have tubeless compatible tyres and rims will arrive with inner tubes installed or with tubeless valves installed, this will be brand dependent. Sealant is available to be purchased separately.
If you require any assistance please contact our Customer Care team.