Mavic Cosmic Ultimate UST Disc Wheelset
As the name suggests, the Cosmic Ultimate UST Disc Wheelset sits right at the top of Mavic’s road wheel range. Despite being tubeless-ready, disc compatible and an aerodynamic 45mm deep, the wheelset weighs in at an incredible 1,225 grams, so it is fantastic for climbing as well as fast, flat riding.
The carbon rim has a NACA inspired, disc-specific profile that is made from unidirectional carbon fibre for high strength and low weight. Fore Carbon technology means that there is no need to drill the rim bed for the spokes so that it is tubeless-ready without any need for additional tape. At 19mm wide internally and 27mm wide externally, the rim is perfect for modern tyres in wider sizes, and Mavic recommend 25mm to 32mm rubber.
R2R technology helps make the wheels stiffer and lighter, with the bladed carbon spokes running right across the wheel from rim to rim through the hub in an unbroken structure. The hub shells are also made from carbon and feature QRM Auto bearing preload technology to ensure that the sealed bearings run smoothly and freely without the need for adjustment and the ratchet style Instant Drive 360 freewheel gives excellent pickup and durability.
- Computer magnet (99624501)
- User guide
- Fore Carbon technology for hole-free rim bed
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: UD carbon
- Rim Depth:45mm
- Internal Rim Width: 19mm
- External Width: 27mm
- Spokes: Unidirectional carbon fibre, two-cross lacing front and rear, R2R carbon spoke technology
- Spoke Count: 20 front / 20 rear
- Hubs: Carbon with Instant Drive 360 freewheel rear and QRM Auto bearing preload technology
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12x100mm thru-axle
- Rear Axle: 12x142mm thru-axle
- Recommended Tyre Size: 25mm to 32mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 560 grams / Rear 665 grams/ Wheelset -1225 grams
- Compatibility: SRAM / Shimano