Alpinist CL II Disc Rear Wheel
Light, reliable and sweet handling, Roval’s Alpinist CL II Disc Rear Wheel is perfect for riders who relish hills or ride in tricky conditions. With every element of the wheel built by hand, quality and performance are assured.
The carbon rim is 33mm deep to reduce weight and so that it won’t be affected by crosswinds, but at 27mm wide the interface with the tyre is nice and smooth for smoother airflow and the blunt profile does afford some aerodynamic advantage too. A hooked construction means that although the rim is tubeless-ready, it also can be used with tube-type tyres at high pressures without any risks if required.
DT Swiss CompRace spokes tie the rim into the 350 hub with the 36t Star Ratchet system providing rapid engagement for an instant response to any pedal inputs. A spare spoke kit is supplied with the wheel, but suitable replacements should also be simple to source, making maintenance easier.
- Tubeless- ready
- Hooked design
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: 33mm
- Internal Rim Width: 27mm
- External Rim Width: 21mm
- Spokes: DT Swiss CompRace, straightpull, two-cross
- Spoke Count: 24
- Hub: DT Swiss 350 Straightpull, Center Lock, Star Ratchet 36t internals (10°)
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Axle: 142x12mm thru-axle
- Recommended Tyre Size: 24mm - 38mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 769 grams
- Compatibility: Shimano / SRAM 11-speed
- Includes: Roval rim tape, spare spoke kit