Shimano Ultegra FC-R8100 Chainset
Redesigned for improved performance, the Ultegra FC-R8100 Chainset works with Shimano 12-speed drivetrains, providing increased chain contact for improved efficiency and power transfer. The cold-forged four-arm HollowTech II crank arms also help put all the watts down to the tarmac by managing to be both stiff and lightweight, thanks to their hollow aluminium construction.
Shifting has also improved, with the HollowGlide outer chainring’s rigidity offering hugely impressive gear changes, no matter how much strain the drivetrain is under at the time. It still uses Shimano’s renowned HollowTech II bottom bracket for durability and smooth running, and there is a wide range of crank lengths and ratios available.
- The HollowTech II 12-speed Ultegra chainset offers an ideal balance of light weight and stiffness, making it the perfect choice for both enthusiast and competitive riders
- HollowGlide hollow outer chainring gives vast improvements in rigidity by virtually removing outer chainring flex and hugely improves shift performance, even under high load
- The chainring teeth have been developed to work in conjunction with 12-speed HG chains for increased contact to provide greater efficiency and improved power transfer
- Industry-leading HollowTech II cold-forged four-arm hollow cranks have been evolved for maximum rigidity while reducing weight
- Wide gear pitch spacing increases clearance between chain and leading teeth to provide compatibility to frames with O.L.D. 135 / 142mm
- A wide range of chainring options and crank arm lengths are available to meet the needs of all riders and racing disciplines
- HollowTech II integrated bottom bracket uses a wider bearing placement and larger axle diameter for increased stiffness and efficiency
- HollowTech II integrated bottom bracket seal design has minimal bearing interface ensuring smooth rolling and increased durability (sold separately)