The wide internal width boosts the tyre profile to enhance comfort, grip and lower rolling resistance.
Practical and corrosion resistant, brass nipples are used to reduce the risk of seized spokes.
With a high strength to weight ratio, these spokes are a premium option for any quality wheel build.
Vel 38 RSL Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset
Vel’s lightest road wheel design, the handbuilt 38 RSL Carbon Tubeless Disc Wheelset combines low weight with reliability and efficiency for a great ride. The 38mm deep Toray 24/30T carbon rims offer some aerodynamic advantages over standard rims, particularly as their width helps the tyre/rim junction present a smooth interface to the wind, but isn’t so deep that crosswinds are ever an issue. The rim’s width also helps the tyre to open out for greater volume and adds stability to the sidewalls when cornering so that it is both more comfortable and faster. Tubeless-ready, and supplied with valves and a double wrap of rim tape already fitted, conversion to tubeless running is quick and simple.
The hubs are courtesy of DT Swiss, with their renowned, super reliable and light 240S model doing the duties. Engagement at the rear is near-instant with the 36 tooth ratchet, which also spreads the load more evenly than a pawl design, adding to the reliability and efficiency. Using both Center Lock and 12mm thru-axle standards, the wheels will fit virtually all modern disc road bikes. Holding the wheel together is another revered wheel brand in the form of Sapim’s CX-Ray spokes and brass nipples, keeping the weight low and strength high. Spare spokes and nipples are provided with the wheels to help with any maintenance.
Crash replacement policy
Crashes, unexpected accidents and falls can happen under normal riding conditions, therefore if your product has been registered within 3 months of purchase we will offer to replace it with identical or equivalent product up to 40% off RRP within the first 3 years of ownership. This crash replacement policy only applies to the original owner.
Vel wheels come with a two year limited warranty for manufacturing or material defects that would appear during normal use, with the exception of wear and tear parts. The warranty is extended to 3 years if registered within the first 3 months from purchase date.
- Clincher / tubeless-ready clincher tyre compatible
- Double wrapped with tubeless rim tape
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Toray 24/30T carbon
- Rim ERD (Effective Rim Diameter): 563mm
- Rim Depth: 38mm
- Internal Rim Width: 20.3mm
- External Rim Width: 27.5mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray, straight pull, 14g, two-cross lacing with brass nipples
- Spoke Count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Hubs: DT Swiss 240S, sealed bearings, 36 tooth ratchet
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Front Axle: 12x100mm
- Rear Axle: 12x142mm
- Maximum Tyre Size: 25mm-34mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: Front - 675 grams / Rear - 785 grams / Wheelset - 1,460 grams
- Maximum Tyre Pressure: 120psi
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM / SRAM XDR / Shimano Microspline
- Includes: Tubeless valves, spare spokes and nipples
- Maximum system weight: 110kg