Cervelo S5 Disc Road Frameset 2021
Amalgamating an incredibly refined design with a sophisticated grade of carbon fibre, the Cervelo S5 Disc Road Frameset delivers stunning levels of pedalling and aerodynamic efficiency as well as sublime levels of comfort and composure.
The frame and fork are composed of a high grade of carbon fibre that is meticulously oriented with set patterns across each tube section to deliver tremendous levels of lateral stiffness, vertical compliance and strength while keeping the weight to a minimum. Blending these traits enables the S5 to surge and leap under power when sprinting or climbing and remain smooth when thundering across rougher riding surfaces.
Cervelo’s TrueAero design concept sculpts the profile of each frameset tube section to deliver remarkably low drag across a variety of yaw angles. This slippery performance is complemented by the flowing fork to frame integration, an extended seat tube cut out, the innovative V-stem and the aero handlebar.
The frameset geometry is inspired by racing but gives versatile handling; composed when cruising but reactive for when tackling technical descents and battling for position under the flamme rouge.
Tyre clearance for up to 28mm wide rubber helps to further increase comfort and control, and internal routing for the brake hoses and gear wires contributes to a super clean aesthetic.
- Designed for raw velocity, the S5 is stiffer and more aerodynamic than ever before, while also being comfortable and composed
- A high-grade carbon frameset with a sophisticated lay-up heightens lateral stiffness, increases comfort and remains lightweight
- TrueAero sculpted tube profiles and an innovative fork-to-frame junction reduce aerodynamic drag markedly
- Extended seat tube cut out shields the leading edge of the rear wheel from turbulent air
- BBright bottom bracket shell format allows for larger tube dimension for heightened pedalling efficiency (bottom bracket not included)
- Tyre clearance for up to 28mm wide rubber
- Custom handlebar and V-Stem configuration further improves aerodynamic performance
- Full internal brake hose and gear cable/wire routing give a superb clean aesthetic
- The geometry donates predictable handling while the stem spacer system guarantees a perfect riding position
|Frame||Cervelo S5 All-Carbon, TrueAero tube profiles, integrated head tube to fork configuration, integrated headset 1” x 1-3/8”|
|Fork||Cervelo All-Carbon, tapered S5 fork, external head tube nose section, disc brake compatible|
|Headset||FSA IS2 1 x 1-3/8|
|Bottom Bracket||Cervelo BBright press-fit shell format (Bottom bracket not included)|
|Stem||Cervelo CS028 Carbon V-Stem|
|Handlebar||Cervelo AB08 Carbon|
|Seatpost||Cervelo SP20 Carbon Aero|
|Accessories||Cervelo handlebar front computer/light mount, Cervelo rear accessory mount|