Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 C40 Centre-Lock Disc Clincher Wheelset
With its 40mm rim depth and a combined weight of just 1563 grams, the Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 C40 Centre-Lock Disc Clincher Wheelset is a fully flexible option for the rider who wants a high-performance wheelset as capable in the mountains as it is on the flat.
The all-carbon rim construction is 40mm deep and 24mm wide, allowing for great aerodynamic performance and a wide and stable tyre base. Shimano has also integrated wide flange spacing for greater lateral rigidity and elbow-less spokes for a heightened degree of strength.
Compatible with centre-lock disc brake rotors (available separately), this wheelset is a great choice for riders looking to make the upgrade to disc brakes.
For the hub, Shimano has utilised a strong 7075 alloy axle and a cold-forged aluminium shell to maintain durability and a low weight. The freehub is constructed from titanium for the highest possible levels of durability.
- QR Thru Axle Skewers
- WH-R9170 TL carbon clincher disc brake wheels, designed to meet pro road race criteria
- Lightweight clincher full carbon 40 mm deep 24 mm wide rim for improved aerodynamics, increased rigidity and excellent inertia
- Easy to use Centre-Lock rotor mount for use with disc brakes
- 24 stainless steel butted (2.0-1.8-2.0) and bladed straight pull spokes for optimal balance and rigidity
- Elbow-less spokes make for a strong yet compliant wheel
- High lateral rigidity is produced with a wide flange spacing
- Labyrinth double-contact sealing effectively shuts out water and dirt
- Alloy cone with integrated steel Borozon treated bearing races - super mirror finish reduces friction
- Quick and easy to maintain bearing adjustment
- Freehub uses quick pawl engagement every 10 degrees
- Cold forged, machined aluminium hub shell and oversized 7075 alloy axle combined with a titanium Freehub body keep the wheel weight to a minimum
- 700C clincher (tubeless compatible), 23 - 32C
- 100 x 12 mm front, 142 x 12 mm rear axle
- 8, 9, 10 and 11-speed Shimano/SRAM compatible rear wheel
- Average weight 1563 grams (pair)
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.