Zipp 808 Firecrest Disc Rear Wheel
Perfect for fast time trials or triathlons, Zipp’s 808 Firecrest Disc Rear Wheel is about as deep as it is possible to go without going for a solid wheel. This means that as well as being very aerodynamic, it is better behaved in crosswinds and lighter too for any courses with a bit of climbing. It can be paired with an equally deep front wheel for maximum speed or with a shallower option for less weight and easier handling.
Zipp’s Total System Efficiency concept guided the rim’s carbon layup, aiming for greater all-round performance by reducing weight, improving aerodynamics, lowering rolling resistance and eliminating vibration losses. ABLC Dimples in the carbon reduce drag by smoothing the airflow around the wheel and the reduction in vibrations also has an extra benefit for triathletes, as it means less muscle fatigue and an easier transition to the run.
The hookless construction can be used with tubeless tyres or with inner tubes if necessary with an optimum tyre size of 28mm. Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend spokes offer excellent power transfer and compliance for a comfortable ride, with their lightweight, bladed design also providing some aerodynamic benefit. The rear ZR1 DB hub has 66 points of engagement for instant accelerations and sealed bearings for smoother running.
- TSE design with 23mm internal width with tubeless and hookless rim profile ideal for wider tyres at lower tyre pressure
- The 808 is optimised for a 28mm tyre (minimum 25mm)
- ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with a better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- An all-out aero 80mm rim profile
- ABLC dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to creating a faster, more stable wheel
- Superior modulation and stopping power of disc brakes
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included
- Built with Sapim™ CX Sprint J-bend spokes
- Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- XDR or SRAM/Shimano™ driver bodies
- Campagnolo® N3W Driver body sold separately
- Ships with 12mm end caps
- Hookless tubeless-ready
- ABLC Dimples, TSE technology
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Rim: Carbon
- Rim Depth: 80mm
- Internal Rim Width: 23mm
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend
- Spoke Count: 20
- Hubs: ZR1 Disc Brake, 66 points of engagement
- Disc Standard: Center Lock
- Rear Axle: Thru-axle 12x142mm
- Recommended Tyre Size: 28mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 883 grams
- Compatibility: Shimano, SRAM, SRAM XDR
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".